Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1

A Walk to Sacré Coeur de Montmartre, Paris with my "trusty finger" and the K10D with the Pentax 16-45 lens..Beautiful Spring Day, Finaly.

http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:14 AM   #2
TDN

yep, finally some blue sky over on our parts again huh
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:17 AM   #3

Looks like a pretty place on a pretty day and a pretty photo.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:42 AM   #4

I was actually too warm...I over dressed. It is about five minutes from my apartment. I sometimes forget where I am living after all these years and like playing the tourist once and a while.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:32 PM   #5

Ben

I haven't been to Paris....YET!!! (still working on that one)

But IF I lived in Paris I would be playing tourist EVERY day. What a wonderful city.

We are all guilty of living next door to some wonderful sights and never bothering to see them.

I am Australian and yet I have never visited Ayres Rock, Wave Rock, Bondi Beach or the Sydney Opera House, yet people from all over the world will visit my country and see at least one of those.

I think we should all go out and find a local tourist bureau and book a little day tour ofOUR OWN cities and of course take along our Pentax cameras. Hows that for a photography challenge. :G
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:48 PM   #6

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Ben

I haven't been to Paris....YET!!!* (still working on that one)

But IF I lived in Paris I would be playing tourist EVERY day.* What a wonderful city.

We are all guilty of living next door to some wonderful sights and never bothering to see them.

I am Australian and yet I have never visited Ayres Rock, Wave Rock, Bondi Beach or the Sydney Opera House, yet people from all over the world will visit my country and see at least one of those.

I think we should all go out and find a local tourist bureau and book a little day tour of*OUR OWN cities and of course take along our Pentax cameras.* Hows that for a photography challenge. :G*
Have you been to Tasmania yet..Hobart? I won't get into a major diatribe, but I have dreamt about Tasmania and Port Arthur, Hobart. Anyhow It looks magnificent. Incredible place. Perhaps one day and I'll take in New Zealand as well.

Ben
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Have you been to Tasmania yet..Hobart? I won't get into a major diatribe, but I have dreamt about Tasmania and Port Arthur, Hobart. Anyhow It looks magnificent. Incredible place. Perhaps one day and I'll take in New Zealand as well.
Hey , that's where I live!

Obviously I agree, but then again I am biased.

This is Hobart's waterfront with part of the city and our mountain in the background.

Phil
Attached Images

philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 5:43 AM   #8

philneast wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey , that's where I live!

Obviously* I agree, but then* again I am biased.

This is Hobart's waterfront with part of the city and our mountain in the background.

Phil
Phil;

This is way off topic. But, the dream I had about Port Arthur, Hobart was over ten years ago. The dream took place three days before a very traumatic event that occurred there. I wrote the dream down and sent it off to a researcher who used to be at the SRI (Stanford Research Institute)
So not to be perceived as a total loon, I thought I would preface what I would include with the above note. When I see the image you sent me, it sends chills down my spine.

Pardon the capital letters of the note I am including, but it was before I knew that capital letters could be considered as yelling. Please find my letter and the subsequent proof of the event regarding the dream about Hobart. Off topic, but thought you might find interesting none the less.

I AM A CANADIAN LIVING IN PARIS FRANCE. SINCE BEING ILLUMINATED BY THE BOOK
"EVOLUTION'S END" BY JOSEPH CHILTON PEARCE I BECAME AWARE OF ANOMALIES THAT
OCCURRED IN MY DREAM AND SEMI DREAM STATES. I WISH TO DESCRIBE A FEW OF
THESE TO YOU.

WHEN I WAS LIVING IN THE FRENCH COUNTRY SIDE SPECIFICALLY IN BURGUNDY I HAD
A STRANGE DREAM. I MUST PREFACE THIS EXPERIENCE BY TELLING YOU THAT WE DID
NOT HAVE TELEVISION, ONLY A MONITOR TO VIEW FILMS AND DID NOT HAVE DIRECT
ACCESS TO THE NEWS. MY WIFE WAS IN PARIS DOING A PHOTO SHOOT AND I WAS
ALONE. IN MY DREAM I WAS ON A FERRY CROSSING FROM MAINLAND AUSTRALIA TO
HOBART THE CAPITAL OF TASMANIA. THAT ALONE SEEMED STRANGE IN RETROSPECT.
AS I DEBARKED AT THE PORT OF HOBART THERE WAS AN OUTDOOR CAFÉ. IT WAS VERY
SUNNY AND THERE MUST HAVE BEEN BETWEEN TWENTY TO THIRTY PEOPLE THERE. I
LOOKED IN THE EYES OF SEVERAL OF THE CLIENTS AND FELT PROFOUNDLY THE
AMBIANCE OF THE ENVIRONS.

IN THE NEXT SCENE, I SAW A BLOOD DRENCHED RIVER FILLED WITH BROKEN GLASS
AND DEBRIS.

IN THE NEXT SCENE I WAS SOBBING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE PREMIER OF TASMANIA
WHO WAS A FEMALE. I SAID "HOW COULD SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN HERE?
WHY...WHY...I DON'T UNDERSTAND...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE."

I WOKE UP WITH TEARS IN MY EYES. I THOUGHT "WHAT A STRANGE DREAM". I
EVENTUALLY JUST LET IT GO AS A NIGHTMARE. TWO DAYS AFTER THE DREAM MY
AGENT AT THE TIME MEYER HYMAN CALLED ME FROM PARIS. THE FIRST WORDS THAT
LITERALLY CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH WERE THE FOLLOWING ; "DID YOU HEAR
WHAT HAPPENED IN AUSTRALIA?" IMMEDIATELY MY HAIR STOOD ON END AND I SAID;
"DON'T TELL ME, LET ME SHARE A DREAM I HAD WITH YOU" AND I WENT ON TO TELL
HIM OF MY EXPERIENCE. AFTER HEARING THE STORY HE SAID; "THAT'S AMAZING
BEN,
"TODAY, A MAN WENT BERSERK AND SHOT AND KILLED SEVERAL PEOPLE AND INJURED
MANY MORE IN AN OUTDOOR CAFÉ IN HOBART, TASMANIA.

THANKS FOR YOUR PRECIOUS TIME
REGARDS
BENJAMIN KANAREK
THE TEEM PRODUCTIONS
PARIS, FRANCE

Thank you for spending some of your time in listening to what I had to say
in regards to what I believe was a dream state remote viewing experience.

>>You're welcome.

If you could kindly suggest to me how I might be able to develop this
capacity further it would be of great help to me.

>>As I've tried to explain in many of my books and writting, etc., there is
probably no way to improve the ability. which is why I've always tried to
stay away from the subject of training. When I get into it, all I ever do is
oops people off. Evidence shows that the degree of skill usually
demonstrated by someone walking in the door is about the level of skill that
can be expected forever for that person. People who go around telling people
they can train them and make them better at being psychic [or doing RV] are
simply lying to them. They usually take someone who has never experienced
RV, run them through a training course at around $3 to $4K, and then have
them demonstrate they can do RV. then they tell them to go off and practice
and they will get better. It doesn't happen, except perhaps in the rarest of
cases. In reality, you can take that same person and have them demonstrate
their RV expertise when they walk in the door without training and they will
do just as good from the beginning. It's the whole training idea that's
bogus. I try to share what I know about RV in my book REMOTE VIEWING
SECRETS, in order to save people money and pain. But, everyone thinks that
I'm just being elitist when I tell them what they are capable of at the
start is about what they will always be capable of. Again, evidence
demonstrates that about 1/2 of one percent of any general population will
ever be world class in RV. So, normally; the other 99.5% will be able to do
RV, but at a much reduced ability level. There are exceptions of course. In
the case that you may be an exception, the simple truth of the matter is you
need to "practice." Practice, practice, practice, and then when you can't
stand it any longer, practice some more. It really is like a Martial Art. It
has to become second nature.

Again if you are ever in Paris please do not hesitate to give me a call and
it would be a pleasure to be your guide while in Paris.

>>I do appreciate that. If or when my wife and I are in your area, we will
make a point of contacting you.

Be well Benjamin,
Joe

Hobart, Tasmania Shooting Rampage; Worst Massacre in Australia
Special Report by Jeremy Zakis

28/04/1996-04:16a.m. (CDT)
To EmergencyNet News Services,

More news has now come in about the Shooting Massacre in Hobart, Tasmania:

The shooting occurred around mid-afternoon at the Historic Tourist attraction of Port Arthur near Hobart. Initial reports were that a person had been locked in the boot of a burning car. Followed by reports of a man with a high powered rifle shooting at people.

After shooting several people at Port Arthur, the man made his way 2 Kilometers up the road to the 'Fox and Hound Resort' where he opened fire again. He then escaped to the Seaside Guest House where he is presently.

According to Television Channel's Nine and Seven, the toll is now at least 25 people dead and 15 others are wounded. A seige is now in progress around a Seaside Guest House where the man is believed to be holding hostages and shooting at helicopters.

About 200 police are in the area with Special Task Forces on the scene and all roads and tracks are sealed around the seige area. All available helicopters are being used to ferry the injured to hospital. It has been confirmed that this is now Australia's worst massacre in it's history.

I will keep you posted whenever more reports become available.

Regards
Jeremy Zakis
(Adelaide, South Australia)

28/04/1996 - 06:24a.m. CDT
To EmergencyNet News Service,

Here is the latest on the Tasmanian Massacre as of 9:15pm Tasmanian Local Time:

It has been confirmed that 25 people have been killed and that 17 people have been badly wounded so far. Among the dead are children including a baby. Unconfirmed reports say that some of the victims were incinerated in a car as the gunman set cars and buildings alight.

The gunman has been described as a young 'surfie' type with blonde hair and that just prior to the shooting, had been chatting freely at a kiosk.

According to Tasmanian Police Commission John Johnson, the weapon used by the gunman is 'presumably an automatic'. And that at this point in time, negotiators are talking by phone with the man. It is possible that he may have three or more hostages inside the guest house. It has been reported that he has fired shots at police from the house.

Police have now cordoned off the township and according to Commissioner Johnson, it would be 'Very difficult to escape' from the guest house.

Police forces in Victoria and New South Wales have been called for assistance to help resolve the situation.

Regards,
Jeremy Zakis

28/04/1996 -08:42a.m. CDT
To EmergencyNet News Service,

The death toll in todays massacre at Port Arthur Tourist attraction has been confirmed at more than 30. Police are continuing to find more bodies in the dark as they search the area. 18 people remain in hospital at this point in time with 4 on the critical list, 4 in a serious condition and 10 in a satisfactory condition.

It appears the gunman was purposely looking to kill tourists. One witness has stated that the gunman said 'There are a lot of wasps around here today, there's not many Japs here are there?' then he muttered something before moving into the Kiosk and started the shooting at around 3:30pm. It appears the gunman moved outside after that and started shooting at the tourist buses killing 2 or 3 on each plus a driver, before making his way to the "Fox and Hound Resort" in a rental car according to witnesses. An unconfirmed report also says that at this time the gunman also forced some hostages into the boot (Trunk) of a car and locked them in. Then he apparently set the car alight burning them to death.

He then opened fire at the resort killing several more before he and his three hostages were pursued by police through thick vegetation to the guest house. Negotiations are continuing but police are almost certain that he has several semi-automatic weapons with enough ammunition to hold police at bay for hours.

Australian Prime Minister, Mr John Howard, has released a statement calling it "a shocking and senseless act". The Tasmanian Police Commissioner made a direct appeal to the gunman a short while ago using the nations television services calling for him to give himself in as he has already done enough damage.

At 10:35pm tonight it was reported that police believe the death toll may now be more than 40 as more and more bodies are found. The gunman continues to fire at anything that moves near the guest house while police continue to negotiate over the phone.

Special News Bulletins are continuing to bring news as it happens but it appears the seige may take hours to be resolved.

-That will be all from me for tonight as I need to get some sleep. I hope that my reports have been of some use even though they may seem a bit hastily typed up. Due to limited source access most of the reports have been made up from television reports on all the Australian Networks but hopefully this gives you some idea of the events that unfolded in Tasmania today. I shall try to send some more reports tommorrow as more events unfold.

Regards,
-Jeremy Zakis
[email protected]

ENN would like to publically thank Mr. Jeremy Zakis for his on-going coverage of this developing story and sharing it with us. Mr. Zakis' coverage is an example of one of the best uses of the Internet and a vital sharing of information as it happens.

(c) Mr. Zakis and EmergencyNet News, 1996, All Rights Reserved.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 7:02 AM   #9

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
A Walk to Sacr� Coeur de Montmartre, Paris with my "trusty finger" and the K10D with the Pentax 16-45 lens..Beautiful Spring Day, Finaly.

http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
Ben,

Lovely pict. I cannot wait for my trip to France 3rd week of May. Contrary to what I want, the Commander in Chief is determined that we be in a tour group (Trafargar) to Paris,Avignon & Nice. So be it.
I may be stuck with some tourist trap.
To top up the misery, my DA40mm may not be available yet. Ok I will have to make do with my F50mm & FA28mm if that happens. Hope I can get some great pict as yours.

Daniel, Toronto

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 7:05 AM   #10

Have a great trip. Make sure you have a wide angle or zoom wide angle. You will really want one for this trip..Trust me.