Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:23 PM   #1

I've been really busy recently and haven't had a chance to shoot much. However, yesterday at lunch I visited the track stadium and took these two pictures. No hurdlers, but these were just as interesting.

K10, A*300 lens (by the way, her knee took down the pole).
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2

She looked tired at this point.

K10 and A*300.
Attached Images

Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:53 AM   #3

The first is tack sharp and I love the DOF. The second one shows some blur which I also like in an action shot.

I see you shot in spot mode. Do you find this easier and that you get more keepers this way?

Also the time in which you took these shots I don't see washed or blown highlights either which is quite easy to come by.

This lens is impressive as well as your getting the shots you shared here.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:05 AM   #4

I actually didn't think about the metering mode - I had changed it to spot mode the day before because I was taking pictures of flowers and forgot to change it back to center weighted (I'd never make a pro, there's always something I don't think about when I'm taking pictures!). It was still somewhat hazy (marine layer hadn't burned off completely) keeping the sun from being too bright. When I tried the hurdlers it was really bright and I had trouble with blown highlights.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:02 PM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I actually didn't think about the metering mode - I had changed it to spot mode the day before because I was taking pictures of flowers and forgot to change it back to center weighted (I'd never make a pro, there's always something I don't think about when I'm taking pictures!). It was still somewhat hazy (marine layer hadn't burned off completely) keeping the sun from being too bright. When I tried the hurdlers it was really bright and I had trouble with blown highlights.
I had metering issues with the K10D and acutally had the camera set to underexpose all the time to aviod the blown highlights problem. Now that I have done the latest firmware update, the meter seems to be almost as dead on as my DS in most situations.

My DS still meters more accurately than the K10D does in all lighting situations, where I have to pay more attention to the lighting with the K10D.

Buy the way, nice sharp shots!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:34 PM   #6

Real good job again nice and sharp

Jim
87olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 12:56 PM   #7

Nice action shots. You did gooood.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:50 PM   #8

That's interesting that you mentioned metering problems with overexposure and the K10. For the most part, I haven't had much trouble at all (unless I'm metering off of the wrong thing), except with one of my older primes (M 24mm 2.8). I haven't used it in a while - maybe I should dig it out again and see if the new firmware has made a difference. It does meter differently - my DS usually slightly underexposed things and I was always adjusting exposure with ACR. I find that I'm not doing that half as much now.