Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:15 AM   #1

Actually I bought 3 cameras last year and have settled on the K10d, for now, and sold the other two. It has everything I need and more for creative and snapshots. Thanks you everyone in this forum for your help and tips. Here are my favorites:

jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:52 AM   #2

:O 3 cameras in one year, and I thought lba alone was bad enough.

All great shot's but i like 2 & 4 the best.

Keep up the great work - Ronny

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:32 AM   #3

i like them. too bad you didn't have a split ND for the sunset/rise.

roy
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:24 AM   #4

I like them all, but the spider is my fav.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:58 AM   #5

Thanks for the kind comments. Roy, what would a split ND have done to the sunset photo? Any suggestions on which type of filter to get and where? I think the spider one is my favorite also, but the flower photo won an honorable mention in our local photo contest. As a side note the photos look flat, lacking contrast and saturation, in the web browser compared to Photoshop and the prints. I will have to find a better way to host my photos.

Two more I like:

Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:05 AM   #6

Great spider shot!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:39 AM   #7

jabilson007 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the kind comments. Roy, what would a split ND have done to the sunset photo? Any suggestions on which type of filter to get and where? I think the spider one is my favorite also, but the flower photo won an honorable mention in our local photo contest. As a side note the photos look flat, lacking contrast and saturation, in the web browser compared to Photoshop and the prints. I will have to find a better way to host my photos.
a split neutral density filter would let you expose the lower half of the shot just as it is but would knock the the upper half's exposure down depending on the strength of the filter. that wat you would get more unblown hi-lites in the upper half.

roy
Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:42 PM   #8

Love all your pictures - that's such a typical pose for a Golden (we were lucky enough to share our lives with one for 10 years. I still miss him though he's been gone for over 3 years). Your sunset might have been better with a graduated neutral density filter but it might not - I very much like it just the way it is. I think it'san exception to the rule, and I'm not sure that toning down the bright sky would have improved it. While the spider is certainly exceptional, I can understand getting honorable mention with the flower - there's a nice softness to it with the tiny DOF that's quite pleasing to me.

3 cameras in a year? I have you beat - I bought 4 cameras between Dec. 05 and Dec. 06- two I sold (one in a month) and I still have two. I am NOT going to buy any cameras this year. Lets not talk about lenses or several other things I'd like.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:35 PM   #9

you mean the dog, right?

That spider-like thing would l have exactly 3 seconds to live before I crushed it into a viscous pulp.

I hate spiders
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:50 PM   #10

Oops, I forgot. I bought a C* P&S for my wife for xmas and N* P&S for my daughter for her birthday last year. That makes 5. And if we count camera phones....