Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 4, 2007, 3:51 PM   #1

OspreyLand-A Story-Ma & Pa Osprey

One of the things I noticed when going thru my Osprey photos and looking on the Internet most of the photos are of One Osprey I just could not many with the pair together.

Ok time to change that. Put the BIGMA in the camera wagon load up a thermos and off to the lake I go. My plan was to wait until they both were out of the nest and then pick a spot and and wait. It worked although the arrival of the 2nd one to the nest was much longer than I expected. Something over an hour. A great day for me I got to spend some quality time with my friends (The Osprey) out in the woods and the coffee was good.

Welcome to OspreyLand

Here is Pa coming home from work

Almost home it will be nice to see the little woman

Hi darling, its nice to be home after a hard day at work

Long day at work today. I hope you had a good day

How about before you settle in we take a short cruise together??

Wild, Free and together. Life is GOOD in OspreyLand

I hope you all enjoy this 1/2 as much as I did getting the photos and putting the story together.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:05 PM   #2

Hi Roger,

A great series -- but didn't you reverse the order of the first two shots? -- Doesn't matter tho --

Is that a man-made habitat? We have some around here for Herons where the tall dead trees have deteriorated to the point where they can't easily support those big nests, and naturalists have built some very high platforms nearby to supply nesting sights. The Great Blue Herons have happily adopted these and are currently making babies.

I'm sure that there are some Ospreys around here somewhere, but I've yet to be able to see one in the wild. Thanks for offering me the opportunity to see them through your excellent photos.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:10 PM   #3

Wow nice shots/story, and after your last post about the eyes they stand out even more. Great work - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:20 PM   #4

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roger,

A great series -- but didn't you reverse the order of the first two shots? -- Doesn't matter tho --

Is that a man-made habitat? We have some around here for Herons where the tall dead trees have deteriorated to the point where they can't easily support those big nests, and naturalists have built some very high platforms nearby to supply nesting sights. The Great Blue Herons have happily adopted these and are currently making babies.

I'm sure that there are some Ospreys around here somewhere, but I've yet to be able to see one in the wild. Thanks for offering me the opportunity to see them through your excellent photos.

Scott
Hi Scott, I think you are right about #1 & #2 being mixed up. Yes the New Mexico State Parks & New Mexico Gam & Fish built a bunch of them around both our lakes and the Osprey took to them and seem real happy with them. Thanks for commenting and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:22 PM   #5

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Wow nice shots/story, and after your last post about the eyes they stand out even more. Great work - Ronny
Hi to YA!!! Ronny. Thank you for the kind comment and for looking. I don't know what it is but I really do like their eyes.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:22 PM   #6

And yet another great series, Roger!!! & there's nothingbetter than adding some animation to put into perspective what could be going on...even through human filters:G:G:G

Thanks for the post!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 4:31 PM   #7

wadue wrote:
Quote:
And yet another great series, Roger!!! & there's nothingbetter than adding some animation to put into perspective what could be going on...even through human filters:G:G:G

Thanks for the post!

Ron
Hi Ron, I hope you are having a good day. Thank you for the kind comment and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:12 PM   #8

The storybook tale makes it look like a made by Disney picture.

Great shots as well.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:24 PM   #9

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
The storybook tale makes it look like a made by Disney picture.

Great shots as well.

Darren
Daren and a big hello to you. When I saw the photos the idea for the story was just there. Thanks for the kind comment and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 4, 2007, 11:05 PM   #10

Thanks for entertaining us. Keep posting!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote