Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:00 AM   #31

Hi Tim,

I REALLY like this shot!!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:42 AM   #32

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Tim - very nice snake, though I don't think I'd want to get that close to it.
Thanks Roy, Harriet, and Scott! The shot was taken with my 105mm macro lens so I did have to crawl pretty close. But I figured I had my cat to protect me :lol:.
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:26 PM   #33

This Husky belonged to a street, art vendor at the Old Town square in Krakow. I'd love to know what he was thinking with that look!

Glenn
Attached Images

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:16 PM   #34

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Here's another shot of my daughter's eyes:
nick
1 entry per.

roy
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:19 PM   #35

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
A LOT of good eyes! I like DA half portrait and I almost get the idea that Hailey's papa is proud of her (and well he should be). Here is my entry, the cat had this snake bayed up near the front door when I came home from work. I am sure I was a sight, cop in full uniform lying face down on his driveway with a camera :roll:.

Tim

PS: I am starting to experiment with RAW and the Lightroom demo. This is one result.
tim,
you're a cop?? what do you do for them ?
if you were in uniform i want to see your neighbors shot. i can picture it in my mind.. LOL

roy
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:12 PM   #36

Quote:
tim,
you're a cop?? what do you do for them ?
if you were in uniform i want to see your neighbors shot. i can picture it in my mind.. LOL

roy
Yep, it is still OK for me to hang out here, though, right? :-) It would have been an interesting picture but, thankfully for me, they only have a 3x zoom digicam. Somewhere on my wife's computer are several shots she has taken of me taking macro shots. More technically, they are shots of my hindquarters stuck up in the air while on my hands and knees taking macro shots.

To answer your question I am currently an administrative Lt, basically the bottom of the food chain in the administration. Before that, though, it was six years as a patrol deputy, nine years as a detective (finished in homicide and crimes against children) and then a year and half as a patrol supervisor. I would trade several non-essential body parts to be back as a patrol supervisor on most days, but the bankers hours are a nice perk.

I thought I had mentionedmy professionhere but it may have only been in a PM to Crashman.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:26 PM   #37

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
A LOT of good eyes! I like DA half portrait and I almost get the idea that Hailey's papa is proud of her (and well he should be). Here is my entry, the cat had this snake bayed up near the front door when I came home from work. I am sure I was a sight, cop in full uniform lying face down on his driveway with a camera :roll:.

Tim

PS: I am starting to experiment with RAW and the Lightroom demo. This is one result.
Man, your snake shot is a killer, given the circumstances. Now: is this common in your area? How old is your cat? :-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:35 PM   #38

Glenn - always love puppy dogs, and blue-eyed huskies are always photogenic.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:50 PM   #39

Tim

Great Shot of the Snake-
I Had a similar Incident years ago at a friends house( No Camera). We were in LA. We get out of his car at His house and here is his Cat Pawing At a Rattler. We were able To get the cat back before it Got Bit. After the cat left the Snake took Off.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:53 PM   #40

Glen

Awesome shot.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote