Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:47 PM   #11

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
benjikan wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone...Thought that being all of you are proud Pentax users, I would like to announce that I have been chosen to expose at the "5th International Festival of Fashion Photography" in Cannes, France from June June 30 to August 15, 2007 and the image they have chosen for the boardwalk "Le Croisette" was shot with the Pentax K10D and the 40mm Limited Lens. The images will be 4 x 6 meters or about 12 x 18 feet.

Ben

Here is the image being shown...
Ben,

Well deserved recognition of your work.
But 4 x 6 metre is in MF territories. And with the cost of only about US$1,100 (body + lens), that is not very French. I would imagine everything E U particularly the French in high fashion got to be pricey.
Well as you said, the photographer counts more than his gear.

Daniel, Toronto
Hello Daniel..Are you ready to have your "Socks" knocked off. Here is a sample from the 2005 "3rd Festival" shot with the Canon 10D and blown up to the same size. Effectively almost half of what the K10D outputs. As they are about 18-30 dpi no problem.

Ben
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:52 PM   #12

I would imagine a Pentax ad will go like this:
You want to know how big K10D can print. Well just 4 x 6.
Not inches but in metre.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 4:05 AM   #13

Ben

I am going AWOL from my mission, will be there to back you up in such dangerous territory :G:G I have a camera and not afraid to use it...:blah::blah:

Congrats Ben, PENTAX just keeps performing.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:56 AM   #14

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
.I have been chosen to expose at the "5th International Festival of Fashion Photography" in Cannes, France from June June 30 to August 15, 2007 .
There are approximately 30 photographers exposing there.

Ben
congrats ben.

one question tho. what are you all going to expose?? even in france, i thought public nudity was a nono.

roy
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:35 AM   #15

Congrats, Ben! And congrats, Festival visitors, Pentax and Cannes! A win-win-win-win situation.

Roy, different countries, different no-no's. In Britain and US it's nudity ("OK, cut his lungs out in slow motion, just don't show the nipples"), in France the president simply can't be caught in the act eating a Big Mac (and disclosing him not having a mistress, he'd have to resign). In Sweden it's alledged corruption. The vice prime minister had to resign a few years ago, when she had used her Visa Business card for private expenses (she had bought a chocolate bar!) Actually, I like nudity being a non-issuearanoid:.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:12 AM   #16

Congratulations Ben!

Kjell, I have always been a fan of nudity if tastfully done.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:25 PM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:
benjikan wrote:
Quote:
.I have been chosen to expose at the "5th International Festival of Fashion Photography" in Cannes, France from June June 30 to August 15, 2007 .
There are approximately 30 photographers exposing there.

Ben
congrats ben.

one question tho. what are you all going to expose?? even in france, i thought public nudity was a nono.

roy
So..You enjoy the "Double Entendre?" Well..While I will "Expose" my "Large Body" of "Works" in Cannes, I will use my ultra rapid "Flash" Technique for shooting a self portrait. In doing so I will effectively get to "Double Expose" myself on to the same"Lay-er" However if I "Shoot" too fast, I may "Und-Her Expose" :|:homey:
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:37 AM   #18

As long as you have the correct depth of field, too a small or too big can ruin it. :lol:

Make sure your batteries are fully charged and that you use your GRIP.

Be safe and use a Lens HOOD.

And finally if it all gets too much don't get your strap in a twist.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:16 PM   #19

Well, I am not even going to compete in the double entendre field. Congratulations Ben, that is a big honor I am sure! Now, if you want a REAL challenge, you need to compete in the Steve's Digicams Pentax forum monthly competition. THAT is where the creme de la creme of the photography world pit their f-stops against one another. :?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote