Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 13, 2007, 3:16 PM   #11

N ice especially the clouds, those are unusual.

Too bad you didn't have a polarizer for the rainbow.... they can really make one stand out.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 6:46 PM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
N ice especially the clouds, those are unusual.

Too bad you didn't have a polarizer for the rainbow.... they can really make one stand out.
Thanks for the idea of using a polarizing filter; yes, I imagine it would enhance the raibow significantly. Unfortunately, rainbows are such fleeting visions often--I fell into the "shoot first, ask questions later" mode! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:31 PM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the idea of using a polarizing filter; yes, I imagine it would enhance the raibow significantly. Unfortunately, rainbows are such fleeting visions often--I fell into the "shoot first, ask questions later" mode! Jay
I usually carry one and only takes 30 sec max to put it on... they usually last longer than that. (and with always mounted step up rings it fits all lenses I currently have that way or natively.

They can also make a rainbow virtually disappear like water and glass glare.... as usually Rainbow and Sky background are of such different propagation polarity/phase .

Likely the secondary rainbow would have been much more noticeable... and the primary near solid looking.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote