Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:16 PM   #1

I just picked up the 360 FGZ flash at circuit city for $177.96 in store price. It was the last one they had. Internet price is $249. I haven't tried it yet on my K100D. After reading some of the instruction manual it only refers to Pentax film SLR's when discussing compatability issues. There is no mention anywhere in the instructions about Digital SLR's ist*D series, K100D, or K10D. Was there an older version of this flash, that could also explain the lower price? Should I be concerned about using it on my K100D? Thanks.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:31 PM   #2

Hi a200user,

They never updated the manual for the AF360FGZ -- and in fact the one for the AF540 FGZ is in many respects almost the same. If it'll make you feel any better, you can download a copy of the manual from the Pentaximaging site under support. I'm confident that you'll find them the same. (I always download manuals when I can because I can count on losing the one that comes with the product.)

IMO the manual for Pentax flashes are pretty cryptic about many of the features and how to use them. Luckily, experimentation is cheap with digital -- the only thing that costs is the electicity to charge the batteries.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:47 PM   #3

Thanks Scott. That makes me feel better, I think I got a good price. I'm looking forward to trying it out, but have my income taxes to do first. Thanks again, and that's good advice to downlaod the manual from the manufacturers site. My wife is obsesive about saving instruction manuals. We still have manuals for applicances we don't own anymore. She's kicking my butt right now to get the taxes done. Thanks again.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote