Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Flower time again (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/119444-flower-time-again.html)

bilybianca Apr 13, 2007 3:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use to take shoots (small pieces of the plant, not photos) of my exotic plants, root them and give them to friends or anyone who appreciates whatever I have picked up on my journeys.

I discovered a week ago that the local e-bayish site "Tradera" is the market-place for pot-flower fanatics. I put up a shoot for auction just for fun. The auction hasn't ended yet, but the highest bid so far is75 USD! Guess who's got the taste of it?! So today I took this shot (photo, not piece of the plant) to promote sales of some new shoots being prepared for sale in my mini greenhouse. I think it came out pretty nice!

What's your favourite flower shot? I think it's time for a new round of those.

Kjell

NonEntity1 Apr 13, 2007 5:48 PM

Very nice shot Kjell, the black background really works here. That looks like some kind of hibiscus hybrid, though I have never seen one similar before. Does the flower hang upside down like in your shot?

Tim

Black Knight Apr 13, 2007 5:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Kjell

I ll give it a go. Heres a Flower that caught me Eye on a recent 7 day cruise. We were on An a private Island off Of Haiti. No Clue What type of flower It Is.

Phil

Wingman Apr 13, 2007 6:42 PM

Beautiful image Kjell. How did you achieve the black background? The effect is stunning! Jay

NonEntity1 Apr 13, 2007 9:04 PM

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:

Hi Kjell

I ll give it a go. Heres a Flower that caught me Eye on a recent 7 day cruise. We were on An a private Island off Of Haiti. No Clue What type of flower It Is.

Phil
Now that is definately a hibiscus Phil. Was this taken on Labadee? If so, did you snorkel over the plane in the lagoon?

Tim

NonEntity1 Apr 13, 2007 9:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Orchid, taken at my in-laws house after Easter dinner.

Tim

Black Knight Apr 13, 2007 9:56 PM

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:

Hi Kjell

Phil
Now that is definately a hibiscus Phil. Was this taken on Labadee? If so, did you snorkel over the plane in the lagoon?

Tim
Hi Tim

Yes it was Labradee. No, I dont snorkel. I Never knew that there was a plane in the lagoon. I Never heard it mentioned. We layed out on the Beach for awhile, then Took a walk to Dragons Breath. Got back from that, had Lunch and by that time it was pouring, so we went back to the ship. What type of plane??

Phil

danielchtong Apr 13, 2007 10:14 PM

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:

I use to take shoots (small pieces of the plant, not photos) of my exotic plants, root them and give them to friends or anyone who appreciates whatever I have picked up on my journeys.

I discovered a week ago that the local e-bayish site "Tradera" is the market-place for pot-flower fanatics.¬* I put up a shoot for auction just for fun. The auction hasn't ended yet, but the highest bid so far is¬*75 USD! Guess who's got the taste of it?! So today I took this shot (photo, not piece of the plant) to promote sales of some new shoots being prepared for sale in my mini greenhouse. I think it came out pretty nice!

What's your favourite flower shot? I think it's time for a new round of those.

Kjell
Kjell,

Great shots to start the season. But are they outdoor plants?

I would love to see more outdoor flower shots

I think Sweden's weather is just more the less the same as Toronto. We have nothing outdoor yet.
I posted something in Feb but they were all indoor plants.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...692600#p692600

Daniel, Toronto

David C Apr 13, 2007 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an outdoor one (ie from Australia)...

David C Apr 13, 2007 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another outdoor one (Canberra Botanic Gardens)...