Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:01 PM   #1

600 mm+2XTC @ f6.7. Some branches in the foreground cause the mysterious blur. I wasn't spying, I was in the garden looking for some birds to shoot in the lovely evening sun. She was not aware, but wouldn't have opposed, she's a good neighbour. Distance to the house around 400 metres. It was the fence that caught my attention, but seeing it now I think it would have been better to focus on the door.

Thanks for looking, any comments welcome.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:17 PM   #2

Interesting. It has potential, but.... I agree that it would be best to shoot it again with the fence being the main subject.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:51 PM   #3

Well, I can say that it is an impressive result for 1200mm, you must have a great tripod. I was trying my 300mm Tamron f/2.8 with a 2x teleconvertor and I would have been happy to have something that much depth of field and clarity. I think a shot along that fence taking in some of the fresh plowed earth has potential but those branches do distract though. I think the shot would be better without a person in it too, just the fence, field, and farmhouse (and maybe a cow, all pictures can be improved if there was a cow included, especially formal portraits and wedding shots :lol.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:49 PM   #4

Interesting, a picture is worth a thousand words, what stories are imaginable.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 3:10 AM   #5

Lets see, she has just finished burying her uncle in the freshly turned ground. having put up with his whining and complaining for 30 years ever since her husband died.

The authorities will never link her to the death, even when his bones turn up next year during the pre planting season. Whats left of them, after the local wolves and small furry animals that wander the forrest floors near the other side of the field have had a chance to chew on them.

She knew for months how she was going to do it. The preparation, the gathering of all the little things she needed to put her plan in place. The small vial of animal tranquiliser she stole from the zoo where she had worked for the last 20 years. The blow dart and gun she had on her mantle piece from all those years overseas working in the Amazon conducting research. The place where she met her beloved Mbeki. A relationship she knew would not survive the narrow minded views of her family.

Oh Sorry..got carried away...Nice fence...nice mysterious blur :G
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 8:55 AM   #6

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Lets see, she has just finished burying her uncle in the freshly turned ground. having put up with his whining and complaining for 30 years ever since her husband died.

The authorities will never link her to the death, even when his bones turn up next year during the pre planting season. Whats left of them, after the local wolves and small furry animals that wander the forrest floors near the other side of the field have had a chance to chew on them.

She knew for months how she was going to do it. The preparation, the gathering of all the little things she needed to put her plan in place. The small vial of animal tranquiliser she stole from the zoo where she had worked for the last 20 years. The blow dart and gun she had on her mantle piece from all those years overseas working in the Amazon conducting research. The place where she met her beloved Mbeki. A relationship she knew would not survive the narrow minded views of her family.

Oh Sorry..got carried away...Nice fence...nice mysterious blur :G
But what about the cow? Does the cow live happily ever after?!?! :blah:

Tim

Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:38 AM   #7

Kjell - I like the picture/focus just like it is. The OOF branches are a distraction, but its still a nice picture, especially with the light you had.

Crashman - ILOVE your story! Amazing what you can come up with - have you ever thought of being an expert consultant on one of the TV shows? Your plot line was better than many of the shows I've seen recently.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:49 PM   #8

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
all pictures can be improved if there was a cow included,
OK, Tim. Better?

Thanks for the story, Crash!

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:05 PM   #9

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
OK, Tim. Better?

Thanks for the story, Crash!

Kjell
YES! This changes the picture completely. Whereas before it was a photograph offence and field, it now inspires the viewer to contemplate the meaning of life, rails against man's inhumanity to man, and subtly speaks to themysteries of love. THIS, is art!

:lol:Tim :lol:

Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:16 AM   #10

I think she is just going back indoors after shooting the drunken tractor driver!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote