Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:13 AM   #1
TDN

finally won me one on ebay

got it pretty cheap too I think, about €24 delivered (that's a little over 30 USD)

it's a Cobra 700AF, not a P-TTL flash, but it bounces, swivels and has AF assist, which are the 3 things I really wanted. It's Pentax dedicated so the AF assist should work.

Got this since I couldnt afford a P-TTL flash, spent the money on an external hard drive instead.

It should be arriving tomorrow or the day after.

Anyone who ever used one of these have any tips for me?

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:00 AM   #2

Hope it works out OK... it will take work (calculation) to use well.

Actually that is about what I got my Promaster P-7000M for used from B&H for.... wel after shipping closer to 45

Actually it wa ssupposed to be the much lesser 5700, but oh DARN they miss cataloged it :blah: (Even there tag on it said 5700, though actually in box w/manual that clearly said 7000M all over it.... and not a particularly accidental mistake as that was the ONLY P dedicated Promaster Flash they had for sale at the time, and some time before.)
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:02 PM   #3
TDN

yeah I looked for a promaster flash, but it must be a US thing, not a single one on European ebay. And I'm not spending 50% on import taxes again.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:21 PM   #4
TDN

It arrived today

I'll see if I can get some tests with it this weekend.

It looks good, everything works.

Except the AF light that doesnt shut off and only 1 power level, it seems to have everything I need.
Old May 13, 2007, 8:44 PM   #5

Hi

Iwas looking back through the messages and found tha one about the cobra flash and was wondering how it worked out ?

I picked up this flash today with a SF1n body and tamron 28-200 it has the flash handle with it and hot shoe also

but i cannot get it to work on my DS any help would be appreciatedalso do you have a manual for it?
biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 6:41 AM   #6
TDN

Hi biggyfry,

I don't have a manual for it, but the flash works in full manual mode on my DL

On your DS it should even work in automatic TTL mode!

Make sure you select a shutter speed of maximum 1/180, because with anything faster than that the flash won't fire.
Also don't forget to put in fresh batteries and turn it on

there's a kind of "wheel" right above the hotshoe fitting on the flash you can turn in order to "screw" the flash onto the hotshoe more firmly. First screw it all the way up, put the flash on the camera, and then screw it down so the flash is sitting on your camera nice and firm.

You should be able to use this flash in P-Tv-Av and M mode. And like I said, on a DS it even works in TTL mode.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do

Tom