Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:03 PM   #1

Hi, my name is Bruce & I'm new to digital. This wildlife setup will be the BushHawk 320D shoulder mount, KwikAim Max red dot sight,K10D body, Tamron BBAR 70-350mm F4 lens, BBAR Flat Field 2x Teleconverter. Do the filters need to be super multi-coated to work best w/digital? I'm thinking Hoya UV & Circular Polarizer to start? This lens needs 82mm...gets expensive fast! Any suggestions? I really like B & W photography. Do the same filters apply to digital as to film? Hey!, Wacky Roger, I really like your work...fantastic stuff. I'm sure your hunting background comes in handy stalking for shots?I'm considering putting a rifle bipod on the front of my BushHawk when it arrives. Have you considered this? I'm thinking a rifle stock sling swivel stud mounted in front of the second grip to allow a QR bipod to attach. That way several different length bipods could be used depending on a prone, sitting, or kneeling position when photographing. Any & all suggestions & comments will be greatly appreciated. I would like to thank all of the members of Steve's Digicams for all of the informative & knowledgeable advice/comments posted in the various forums. A fortuitous encounter w/ a computer repairman led to his putting Steve's Digicams in my Favorites on the toolbar of my computer. Before joining I spent approximately 200 hours reading posts to educate myself. Thank you all again, & I look forward to a long association with everyone!
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:27 PM   #2

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Hi, my name is Bruce & I'm new to digital. This wildlife setup will be the BushHawk 320D shoulder mount, KwikAim Max red dot sight,K10D body, Tamron BBAR 70-350mm F4 lens, BBAR Flat Field 2x Teleconverter. Do the filters need to be super multi-coated to work best w/digital? I'm thinking Hoya UV & Circular Polarizer to start? This lens needs 82mm...gets expensive fast! Any suggestions? I really like B & W photography. Do the same filters apply to digital as to film? Hey!, Wacky Roger, I really like your work...fantastic stuff. I'm sure your hunting background comes in handy stalking for shots?I'm considering putting a rifle bipod on the front of my BushHawk when it arrives. Have you considered this? I'm thinking a rifle stock sling swivel stud mounted in front of the second grip to allow a QR bipod to attach. That way several different length bipods could be used depending on a prone, sitting, or kneeling position when photographing. Any & all suggestions & comments will be greatly appreciated. I would like to thank all of the members of Steve's Digicams for all of the informative & knowledgeable advice/comments posted in the various forums. A fortuitous encounter w/ a computer repairman led to his putting Steve's Digicams in my Favorites on the toolbar of my computer. Before joining I spent approximately 200 hours reading posts to educate myself. Thank you all again, & I look forward to a long association with everyone!
Welcome baltochef, What I tried yesterday and I was very happy with the results. I carried my 3 legged shooting sticks with me which I use as a hiking stick. What I have notice since I got into this camera stuff is there is normally some thing I can use to rest my camera and now my BushHawk on. fence post, limb ,rock dead tree or etc. I like using a hiking stick so a couple of years ago I decided to use my shooting sticks and that has worked out very well and covers my butt when there is nothing else available. Also the BushHawk fits on them just like a rifle would.

I did mount swivels & a rifle sling on the BushHawk so I can have my camera upright and it is faster to get in the shooting position. This link will show you photos of what I am talking about. You can see how I mounted the swivels for the sling.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11

Welcome and good luck.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:44 PM   #3

Thank you for your comments Roger. I will have to try the monopod/shooting stick method first before I go to modifying the BushHawk. I had already seen your photos of your rig, Thanks!...My lens weighs a couple of pounds more than the Bigma, as well it islonger. The nice thing is that it cost half of what a Bigma does. Also it is a little faster at F4.0. I have some experience wing& clay pigeonshooting, so I'll have to see how the whole set-up tracks when I have it adjusted to fitmy body. I live in northern Baltimore City. There is a hawk that likes to hang out in a tree across my alley. Sometimes he (she) will perch in the tree for a half hour or more. Last summer my neighbor across the alley witnessed the hawk flying down out of the tree and snatching a grey squirrel up off of the ground!I CAN ONLY HOPE TO GET A SHOT LIKE THAT!!!........Good Hunting Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote