Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:33 AM   #1

OspreyLand - In flight landing series

Wildlife never ceases to amaze me!!! We were experiencing a wrap around wind so I went to a different bush directly across from my normal bush when we have westerly winds. Sure enough when she came back to her nest she circled it as normal then went to the opposite side than her normal landing pattern. She did this to take advantage of the wind. She landed going into the wind which I am sure makes it easier to slow down. A very nice smooth landing by Ma Osprey.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:25 AM   #2

Lovely series again Roger.

You spending a lot of time with the Osprey reminds me of the amount of time I spend at the zoo!

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:20 PM   #3

Roger, again you have come up with some great shots. These are particulary nice because of the continuous action. 4 is gorgeous! Thanks for giving us a look into the lives of these beautiful animals.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:28 PM   #4

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Lovely series again Roger.

You spending a lot of time with the Osprey reminds me of the amount of time I spend at the zoo!

Darren
Darren thank you for commenting and for looking. I try my best to get out in the woods at least 5 times a week year-a-round. My favorite way to spend time is out in the woods it is more fun for me to be there than anywhere else I can think of.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:04 PM   #5

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, again you have come up with some great shots. These are particulary nice because of the continuous action. 4 is gorgeous! Thanks for giving us a look into the lives of these beautiful animals.

Glenn
Hi Glenn, Thank you for the kind comment and for taking the time to look. If people enjoy seeing the wildlife I hunt then I enjoy sharing them. So far it seems like folks are injoying them cuz quite a few folks comment and the hits seem pretty good so it makes me feel good to share.

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:11 AM   #6

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:

Wildlife never ceases to amaze me!!! We were experiencing a wrap around wind so I went to a different bush directly across from my normal bush when we have westerly winds. Sure enough when she came back to her nest she circled it as normal then went to the opposite side than her normal landing pattern. She did this to take advantage of the wind. She landed going into the wind which I am sure makes it easier to slow down. A very nice smooth landing by Ma Osprey.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Hey Roger,

Your skill is undisputed in this area. Maybe one day after retirement I can go to your shooting area to try my luck. Your vantage point almost at the same level of the next (manmade adn sturdy) platforms definitely helps. In the heron rookeries shot of mine and Scott, you can see that the herons are landing on nest way way high up and they are oscillating constantly because of wind. The worst part are the distracting branches. In a few weeks they will be invisible behind dense leaves too.
I think there should be conservation area in Toronto having such type of manmade nest for the osprey/eagle/hawks.
Anyway I enjoy your pict which never fail to inspire me and other birdshooters to polish up our skill

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:39 AM   #7

Very good. I like the first the most, but the little story makes it even better!

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:36 PM   #8

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Hey Roger,

Your skill is undisputed in this area. Maybe one day after retirement I can go to your shooting area to try my luck. Your vantage point almost at the same level of the next (manmade adn sturdy) platforms definitely helps. In the heron rookeries shot of mine and Scott, you can see that the herons are landing on nest way way high up and they are oscillating constantly because of wind. The worst part are the distracting branches. In a few weeks they will be invisible behind dense leaves too.
I think there should be conservation area in Toronto having such type of manmade nest for the osprey/eagle/hawks.
Anyway I enjoy your pict which never fail to inspire me and other birdshooters to polish up our skill

Daniel , Toronto
Daniel, thank you for such kind words. If you can ever get out here I will be happy to take you out and we can try and fill a few memory cards.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Apr 24, 2007, 8:31 PM   #9

Rudo wrote:
Quote:
Very good. I like the first the most, but the little story makes it even better!

Rudo
Rudo thank you for looking and for taking the time to comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger