Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:05 PM   #1

Never heard of this book before but seems recomended. I have Googled it but cannot find where to order it from a Canadian site or otherwise. Any help where to order it or if it is even worthwhile would help.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:23 PM   #2

Check with Amazon.com. I just ordered mine from there the beginning of February.

Sold by: Amazon.com
"Magic Lantern Guides: Pentax K100D / K110D (Magic Lantern Guides)"
Joe Farace; Paperback; $13.57

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:12 AM   #3

May be worth the risk given the price, but I would generally avoid such guides as I can get the info i need from the manual or online, and learn photography technique from my old 70s-era books, bought for mere pennies.

But then, I'm studying to be a mechanical engineer, and find the engineering part of it (not so much the math part!) real easy, so I may be slightly more technically-minded than most...
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:14 AM   #4

I wouldn't normally take the bait, but given your agenda of generating sales and nine posts, all of which are about furthering said agenda, you are out of line.

I have posted several photos here before, as well as in other places. Whether they are appealing to others is irrelevant as I like em just fine. I do not elevate myself to expert status, and so far the only person I would dream of putting down on these forums is you, not as an individual but as an advertiser.

I've been posting here for over a year and the only one I have managed to alienate is someone who joined this community for the sole purose of making sales... whose very first post was an advertisement.

I don't want or need your book. I like learning things on my own; that's what makes it a hobby. Like it or not, the menial details of shooting are easier if you understand the process behind the scenes. Some grasp it easily, others don't even want to.

If you're of a technical mind and know how to use google, you don't need a beginner's book like this. End of story.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:29 AM   #5

k10dbook wrote:
Quote:
If you ever purchase a Pentax K10D, I would recommend the book at the link below. Books on Pentax are very limited.

I've ignored your posts so far, because I have no problems understanding the K10D or its rather comprehensive manual, BUT ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

Enough of the self promoting SPAMING this forum.

Book is known of... and people may buy it if confused by the manual.... or not.... enough of the weekly SPAM ads!!!!
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:30 AM   #6

k10dbook wrote:
Quote:
Gazander is always putting someone down and elevates himself to an expert level all over this site. I am not studing to become an engineer, It has nothing to do with photography and one's ability to comprehend anything.
Quite a different tune that what you posted over at PF:

Quote:
I do touch about all the lenses mount and how to use all of them succesfully on the K10d. I am not sure that there would be enough material to fill a book. Not everyone has the ability to fully understand manuals and technical books. That is the reason the book has a lot of pictures and illustrations. I believe I took the Ambiguity out of the user manual. Thank you for your constructive comments, Yvon Bourque k10dbook home
But an engineer or anyone technical does, fella.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 5:23 AM   #7

Touche and thanks for the responses!
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:03 PM   #8

I still like my copy of the book.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 1:28 AM   #9

k10dbook wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
I still like my copy of the book.

Darren
Darren:

You changed your picture for a bird picture! I like the other picture a lot. I could relate and you looked like someone that didn't take himself too seriously like we all tend to do. Hows the new K10D?

http://www.k10dbook.com
The K10D is great. Still playing with all the settings etc.

I like to change my avatar from time to time, to reflect what pics I am happy with.

Take myself seriously? Well my gf says I am still a child, so I think I am still ok!

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 4:57 PM   #10

I just received my copy of the Magic Lantern for the K100D book and I must say...it sucks!!! I'm so glad it only cost me $12 (and eventhat was already too much). The book does not go into any more detail than the original camera manual that comes with the K100 FOR FREE does! In fact, it lacks important pieces ofinformation that are described in the originalmanual. It's an absolute waste of money. If you want to know about picture-taking techniques,I suggesta real book such as "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson, which coversshuter speed, aperture, exposure, etc, etc, etc.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote