Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 28, 2007, 12:31 PM   #1

A much nicer evening so another stroll around Inverness - my ankles have almost recovered!!!

The first photo is on the way from the hotel to the town centre:

A quick look at Inverness Castle and found Flora MacDonald, or more accurately a statue of her.

Then a short walk along the Ness The sun was getting a little lower in the sky. I only got as far upstream as St Andrew's Cathedral and took this:

Then it was about turn and walk downstream. This tower is on the premises of D Chisholm & Sons, Funeral Home.

I'll finish this post off in a similar way to the start:

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2007, 1:50 PM   #2

I like your statue quite a bit, nice detail in that shot. Your moon shot is good too, especially since (I assume here) it was handheld. I think the cathedral or churchin sillouhette would be better without the steeple cropped and maybe some PP to bring out more shadow detail.

There is an Inverness Florida but I know this one is not it. I am guessing England or Scotland here? Is the river Ness connected to Loch Ness?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 4:32 PM   #3

Hi Tim

Yes, this Inverness is in Scotland and sits on the banks of the River Ness which flows out of Loch Ness.

The moon shot was handheld with me just pointing the camera upwards. I've just checked the exif info and it was 1/350s at f8 with an ISO of 400. Sometimes things just seem to work.

The cathedral does actually look like that, here's a pic from a different angle

Cheers

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 4:36 PM   #4

OK, looking at the picture it is clear that the steeple is NOT cut off by the top of the frame. I don't know how I thought it was. Looks like a beautiful area, thanks for sharing your pics.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote