Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:45 AM   #1

A couple of shots of the river Ness follow:

Finally (thank goodness I hear you say) I needed to eat (plus the useable light was disappearing fast) so one last shot ...

... and I was off to find food and alcohol!

All shots were taken with my old Sigma 28 - 200mm zoom on my GX-10 as jpegs. All handheld mostly at 400ISO but the last 2 above were boosted to 800 ISO. The only editing has been to crop and resize.
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:44 PM   #2

I really like the last one - you've managed to get more DOF than I usually do with similar shots. The colors are really nice, though they might be a bit dark (could be my monitor, though). I think the last two, especially the last one, could use a bit of levels adjustment to bring out the colors and make it really outstanding!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:17 AM   #3

Thanks

Must admit I also like that last photo. An unintended bonus was that the belisha beacons (flashing orange lights by a pedestrian crossing) are visible in the bottom left corner. One theory would be that I took hundreds of pics until I caught them on; alternatively, a happy accident!

As for further processing, this is an area where I need to experiment more. I've never really done much in the past other than a slight adjustment to brightness and/or contrast. Now with 10 Mp at my disposal I guess I really ought to see what sort of things I can do.

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:18 PM   #4

Not a huge change, but a very quick levels adjustment. I use CS2 but Photoshop Elements can do the same thing. I find playing with pictures just as enjoyable (normally) as I do taking the pictures.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 10:51 PM   #5

Lovely colours, I too like the last one a great silhouette.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote