Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:26 PM   #1

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Anyone remember this model? I picked this up from the local thrift store for $6. Not sure where I can get film for it...

Jay

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:55 PM   #2

The Polaroid 420 Land camera, circa 1971-77, uses Polacolor Type 108 Instant Pack film (eight-exposure) and Type 669 Polaroid film (ten-exposure). Both films generate a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch image. However, there is a problem with this camera. Unlike other Polaroid film cameras which use the battery supplied within a film pack, this camera uses it's own internal 3-volt battery. I believe Polaroid (1-800-343-5000) still sells these batteries for about $7 each.

Some people have gotten around the battery issue by simply wiring an AAA battery holder from Radio Shack into the battery compartment (you will have to cut out the interior of the batttery compartment to allow this holder to fit) and then using two AAA batteries. If you don't know how to do this, or don't want to damage the potential collectable nature of this camera, your best bet is the battery from Polaroid.

stewart
stewart_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 7:19 AM   #3

I owned one of these in the 70's AND I still have polaroid images from it at home:-):-)
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 12:30 PM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Thanks for the information. This is quite a conversation piece especially with my kids (11 & 13) who've only known instant pictures though digital cameras!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote