Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 1, 2007, 5:56 PM   #1

Maybe it's bacause it's summer now, and I'm outside a lot more than I was in December when I bought the camera, but I'm noticing these spots in my images. At first I thought it was an older 80-210 lens that I had. Afterall, I can see a spec of something in there. So I resigned to sell that and get a new, longer FA-J 75-300. Darned if they don't continue to show up. The picture posted was with the kit lens, so it has to be in the camera, but where?

If I take the lens off, the mirror seems to be clean. If I lift the mirror (through the menu), the sensor looks clean too. I'm kinda chicken to actually touch the sensor with anything, so all I've done is gently blow on it, but I really don't see anything on it. I've used a brush to gently brush the mirror, but I don't know if I should do that with the sensor or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Attached Images

Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2007, 6:11 PM   #2

well for one thing the spots are far smaller than you can see with your naked eye. you'll also see them more on your images the higher the aperture you use. this has been talked to death. let me try and find a link.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 6:21 PM   #3

try here

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...ensor+cleaning

i'll bump it up anyway
roy

Old May 2, 2007, 12:02 AM   #4

One more thing - DON'T BLOW ON THE SENSOR!!! There is a very good chance on getting some spit on it and making matters worse.

Use a turkey baster or similar.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 6:54 AM   #5

mom got the turkey baster back not long ago. i finally bought a rocket blower. it really does a better job .

roy
but i was happy with the baster for two years.
Old May 4, 2007, 2:03 PM   #6

Sorry for the long delay, thanks for the tips. I'll try a turkey baster. Is this the rocket blaster you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-Rocket.../dp/B00017LSPI
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 3:03 PM   #7

That's the one I have. Be aware that this is rather large and won't fit easy into camera bags but it can be used for other tasks as well (e.g. cleaning up your keyboard). I believe there are variants of smaller size.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 9:22 PM   #8

I'm not sure if all Ritz Camera's (Wolf, etc) do this or not. But, I brought my camera in earlier this week for the very same problem for help on how to clean it myself and they said they'd do it for me. Took her about 5 minutes and was no charge. She said when it happens again, just come see them.

She told me my little rocket blower would not have touched the spots. She used her compressor. My spots looked exactly like yours.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote