Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 2, 2007, 10:30 AM   #1

Hi All,

I've found that I can't login to this forum using Firefox. I assume that it's due to some upgrade of the browser that I made along the line. I recently cleared cookies for the first time in a while, and now can't login here (I'm using IE 6 to write this).

Anybody know what I need to change to be able to use Firefox again? IIRC this happened before, and I found a fix, but I can't remember what I did.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2007, 10:39 AM   #2

Scott

I use Firefox mainly to view the web, less pops ups and so forth. Haven't had a problem with loggin in.

You might want to try going to steves forums webpage and holding down the shfit key when you hit the refresh button. That will force the browser to do a complete download of the webpage and not use the cache.

Hope that fixes it.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 11:14 AM   #3

I was able to duplicate it. I deleted my cookies and cache and it wouldn't let me login using my old bookmark. Went back to main page clicked through the links, logged in, saved a new bookmark, works again.

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 11:45 AM   #4

Hi Crash,

Thanks for the tip, I'm sure it'll come in handy in the future, but it didn't work.

But I did find that by going to the Steve's Forums page, login, reset cookie, then hitting the Pentax forum link, I could get here logged in. My old link directly to the Pentax Forum page would bring me to the page, but not logged in. I had to re-bookmark the page while logged in to get back here logged in.

Bottom line, I'm back in business with Firefox, but it took some doing, and I still don't understand the entire process. . .

Scott
Old May 2, 2007, 11:48 AM   #5

Hi Ishino,

You posted while I was playing around doing about the same thing. Thanks for your effort, if I hadn't stumbled onto the solution myself, you would've provided the answer.

Scott
Old May 2, 2007, 9:05 PM   #6

Remember that the web address changed from steves-forums.com to forums.steves-digicams.com. That might be what caused it, but in any case, it is good to have you back with us.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 10:47 PM   #7

Well Iam using full Mozila... but shouldn't be any real diffrences, no problems here on that count..
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 11:24 PM   #8

ah haa

so thats what happened to me too

i will have to ty the fix when i get home

hopefully i can get back in

i tried reseting my password and that didnt work grrrr
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 12:59 AM   #9

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ishino,

You posted while I was playing around doing about the same thing. Thanks for your effort, if I hadn't stumbled onto the solution myself, you would've provided the answer.

Scott

Your welcome Scott. That's what we are here for, to help each other out.... even if it's just to login to the forums!!

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote