Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 3, 2007, 5:49 PM   #11

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
That sounds like good news. I take it that 1.25x crop and full-frame bodies are in the works?
The 2 new cameras are not to replace K100D & K10D. What could the two be? Your guess is pretty logical . For full frame (so-called I know) 5D is the only game . That is something I am looking forward to and if launched is undoubtedly Pentax coming back with full vengence.

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 5:54 PM   #12

Ben

I wondered where you had been!!!

Question! Any mention of what type of lens in this next Slew? Now that I have massive LBA and have just put my hands in my pocket too early for two massive non-in-lens focus motor lenses.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 6:15 PM   #13

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Ben

I wondered where you had been!!!

Question! Any mention of what type of lens in this next Slew?* Now that I have massive LBA and have just put my hands in my pocket too early for two massive non-in-lens focus motor lenses.

Crash
You guys are "Killing" Me...:|
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 7:32 PM   #14

Ben,

Great news as I am a long time Pentax fan. Forgive my ignorance, as I am relatively new here, but how did you come to meet with the heads of Pentax?

Was it a press conference or....?

You sound like someone in the know and I'm appreciative of the information you provided. Anything on Pentax and Hoya? I've heard this union is not to be.

Anything on Pentax and Samsung ? Will this arrangement get stronger or...?

I am considering a K10D or the K100 ? Do you know if the K100 will get more mps, or has it completed it's evolution as a 6.1 mp?

Looking forward to more Pentax news.

Thanks,
Fellow Pentaxian, Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 9:33 PM   #15

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
You guys are "Killing" Me...:|
Hey, we try any trick in the book to get more info from you or any other reliable source. Go ahead, have more wine and tell us some more! :-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 11:43 PM   #16

Can't wait to hear about new lenses. Thanks for the information, but when are they going to finally release the two lenses that are/were supposed to come out this month? My local camera store is saying the end of the month, maybe.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 3:50 AM   #17

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Ben,

*Great news as I am a long time Pentax fan. Forgive my ignorance, as I am relatively new here,* but how did you come to meet with the heads of Pentax?

*Was it a press conference or....?

*You sound like someone in the know and I'm appreciative of the information you provided. Anything on Pentax and Hoya? I've heard this union is not to be.

*Anything on Pentax and Samsung ? Will this arrangement get stronger or...?

*I am considering a K10D or the K100 ? Do you know if the K100 will get more mps, or has it completed it's evolution as a 6.1 mp?

*Looking forward to more Pentax news.

Thanks,
*Fellow Pentaxian, Les
Hello Les and thanks for your post. Yes, I am officially sponsored by PENTAX France...

Best Wishes
Ben
http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 4:50 AM   #18

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Can't wait to hear about new lenses. Thanks for the information, but when are they going to finally release the two lenses that are/were supposed to come out this month? My local camera store is saying the end of the month, maybe.
Hi Harriet,

The word is that Pentax has delayed the release until at least July for the two DA* zooms. I understand that they want to be able to supply reasonable quantities of both lenses in all their markets from the beginning.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 5:02 AM   #19

Hey now here is an EASY one to somewhere jusst fimware be it AF or AE or other button in some mode....

But Manual WB (the really only TRUE AWB..... like most semi/pro video cameras one bitton have) should be a ONE BUTTON option (be it in some sub mode selectable the AE or AF button say)..... and another head them of at the pass (before the rest ever even get there) thing Pentax could do... like so many other features but that lacking (it an ASTOUNDING WB FLEXABILITY I know of no other camera having....that is the ONLY and easily to implement part of it

A la....

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

That shouldn't be as hard and knowing what you are doing.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 12:12 PM   #20
TDN

That is good news.

Did they mention what market they were aiming towards with the new bodies? Would it be high end bodies (over €2000) or would there be a €1000-ish consumer body too?

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote