Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 3, 2007, 3:14 PM   #1

Hello Everybody...

I spent four and one half hours with the heads of Pentax today. Now before I share the news I can share with you at this time, there are a couple of issues I wish to address. Anyone wishing to purchase a K100 or K10D, do so. These models will be with us till at least next year. I would not make this announcement if I felt that it would affect negatively the sales of Pentax in any way, therefore this proviso. The two above cameras will be part of the line.

Here is what will be added and this does not include the 645D.

There will be two (2) you heard it, at least two new DSLR's coming out in the Fall, that will not conflict with the K100 or the K10D!

There will be a slew of new lenses.

Pentax is NOT going out of business. They have just opened factories in China and Vietnam and are investing heavily in R&D.

There is a new marketing approach that is being implemented that will orient the retailers towards Pentax, which will be very innovative to say the least. This approach will commence in the European territories.

Pentax France is the most robust of all of the other European companies and are doing extremely well.

I will also add that Pentax are working overtime to alleviate some of the growing pains that some of you have encountered and will find solutions asap.

And finally, Pentax needs all of our support and as a family Pentax will continue to respond on a more personal level than any other company I have ever had an affiliation with.

The "Salon de la Photo" in Paris is going to be an incredible event. We will be doing something that no other company has ever done and I must say that I spearheaded this project with the delight of all those at Pentax France. I will share more at the appropriate time.

Let's just say that it will be interactive and not virtual.

None the less, it felt great to be at Pentax today. The people I met were affable human and had a great sense of humor.

Ben
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2007, 3:17 PM   #2

That's great to hear Ben! Thanks for sharing your info with us. I look forward to what Pentax will be offering. :lol::-)
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 3:21 PM   #3

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
That's great to hear Ben! Thanks for sharing your info with us. I look forward to what Pentax will be offering. :lol::-)
It was a great day..It was sunny out, we sat outside a bit. We tossed around some ideas and I was blown how open they were to the possibilities. They really want to be "There"...

Great Day!
Ben
Old May 3, 2007, 3:23 PM   #4

Nice to know a few more DSLRs are in the pipeline...guess I'll have to start planning to sell my K100D that I just bought to get the latest and greatest DSLR from Pentax. LBA: eat your heart out.

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 3:41 PM   #5

LOL

My thoughts exactly.
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 3:46 PM   #6

GOOOOD news thanks Ben.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 3:56 PM   #7

That sounds like good news. I take it that 1.25x crop and full-frame bodies are in the works? Oh, yeah you can't comment on that, right?! :-) Since it was not officially announced, should I just assume that it will actually happen before fall then? :-)
I knew something was up when seeing the US rebate for K10D.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 4:41 PM   #8

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
There is a new marketing approach that is being implemented that will orient the retailers towards Pentax, which will be very innovative to say the least. This approach will commence in the European territories.
Good news, as this has been Pentax' week point the last 15-20 years. Manufacturing the best camera unknown to mankind. Even better that it starts in Europe, says he who lives there.:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 4:42 PM   #9

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
That sounds like good news. I take it that 1.25x crop and full-frame bodies are in the works? Oh, yeah you can't comment on that, right?! :-) Since it was not officially announced, should I just assume that it will actually happen before fall then? :-)
I knew something was up when seeing the US rebate for K10D.
As I said in my post..This does NOT apply to the K10D or the K100D. These are 2 NEW cameras to add to the existing arsenal. If one wants to purchase a K10D they can as it represents a certain niche...

Ben
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
Old May 3, 2007, 4:42 PM   #10

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
There will be two (2) you heard it, at least two new DSLR's coming out in the Fall, that will not conflict with the K100 or the K10D!
K-bayonet? Upmarket or downmarket?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote