Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 6, 2007, 11:34 PM   #11

Since you seem to be interested in photography, did you ever try the japanese "Pentax" brand??:lol::lol:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 9:05 AM   #12

You have a safe for your cameras? Oh my that could be a whole new addiction! :-)
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 1:38 PM   #13

Actually two safes, one for camera equipment and one for guns and jewelry!

You never know who will drop buy when you are on vacation.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 9:11 PM   #14

Gee, Tom. It looks like you should change camera manufacturers - you've put all your assets into one basket. I'd be willing to help your cause by taking a couple of those long lenses off your hands, so you can have room to diversify. Nice collection, by the way.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 11:43 AM   #15

WOW! That's quite a collection of camera... not to mention the thousands of dollars worth of lenses... I think I would havea safe too!
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 5:21 PM   #16

I actually have thought about switching to another brand because my friends DSLR focuses so much faster on flying birds than my Pentax DSLR that there is really no contest.

It also is the big, big winner in continuous AF on flying birds, but so far I am sticking with my brand of choice-Pentax.

It was really never an issue with film cameras, but with the new DSLR's all that changed.

Tom
Old May 8, 2007, 7:58 PM   #17

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I actually have thought about switching to another brand because my friends DSLR focuses so much faster on flying birds than my Pentax DSLR that there is really no contest.

It also is the big, big winner in continuous AF on flying birds, but so far I am sticking with my brand of choice-Pentax.

It was really never an issue with film cameras, but with the new DSLR's all that changed.

Tom
Perhaps the latest DA* lenses with the built in focus motors will help you catch up.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2007, 11:15 PM   #18

I really hope so Ira.

Tom
Old May 8, 2007, 11:16 PM   #19

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
That brown leather (?) covered K1000. Wasn't that a special commermorative camera? 25 years of the Pentax K1000 production or something?
It was the first year of productionof the SE verson of the K1000 camera. The SE came with a split image finder plus a microprisim.

I forgot to put in the Spotmtic that I first started out with. I am not sure what it means that I still have them all, but I am sure my wife will have an answer for that question.

Tom
I still have my first 35 mm slr. It is a Pentax S1A which had a 1/500 sec. top shutter speed and no internal light meter. I use a hand held Sekonic meter (celium?) that still works, as does this old Pentax that I bought new in 1968 @ $ 9.00 @ month.

Rugged camera, all mechanical, all metal, always works. Gee, almost 40 years old. Wonder if the new DSLR Pentax, Canon and Nikons, bought now will still be fuctioning in 2047 ?

Somehow I don't think so/

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 4:33 AM   #20

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I really hope so Ira.

Tom
Tom

Unlike some, I see the need (occasionally) for a different tool due to the type of photography you enjoy. The unfortunate part about changing systems is the tremendous investment you currently have in lenses (some of the best stuff Pentax has ever made). I do hope the DA* lenses improve the focus issue for you.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote