Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 11, 2007, 9:41 PM   #21

it's not about spring. it's about the season. downunder, it's just getting into winter.

i'm very interested and want to see the changing seasons from you guys and gals down there.

roy
down there ?????????????
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 4:40 PM   #22

We have wildflowers growing on the sides of the interstate and I thought about trying to get a wide field of wildflowers shot, but this closeup came out much better. So here is my entry for the month. Taken with the Tamron 70-300.
Attached Images

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 5:56 PM   #23

We're in between seasons- spring is gone around the office, but hasn't come to the mountains yet. I can't decide between some macro flowers that I found at the botanical gardens and the tiny leaves budding out on the trees around the house.

I'm like Roy, I'm looking forward to autumn in Australia pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 11:10 AM   #24

In the southern part of our country rapeseed is a common crop. So yellow is a seasonal colour for a couple of weeks in May. They also have a very strong and nice scent. I drove150 kms yesterday looking for a scenic spot, only to find this a stonethrow from home today. I was also out trying to catch the light green forest, but finally chose this for my entry.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 12:18 PM   #25

Wildflowers are just beginning to bloom here in Southern Minnesota...

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 3:24 PM   #26

Hi everybody after some delays- was not able to log on to this friendly forum for a while- and no idea why, both at work and at home, idea of banning me never occurred to me:-) Anyway the images submited to this friendly minicontest are all superb! I myself decided to present something slightly different:

It was my handheld try with DFA100 and K100D to shoot a small leaf (image is almost 1:1 ratio) against the sun shining through it. It aint perfect in terms of sharpness etc. but still is a good example how efficient Pentax K100/K10D shake reduction is even for quick-and-dirty macro shots :-)
Best and happy shooting and sharing Your precious images with knowledge, JR
Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 3:32 PM   #27

And sorry everyone: just could not resist OP shot with dandelion and the bee- just saw this season first ones some days ago in our norhern nature (hope You will not beat too hard for making some off-topic image submissions :-)

It is yet another quickie with K100D and DFA100 (oh yeah, my K10D is in the service :-( )
Best and happy shooting, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 4:30 PM   #28

I'm going to submit this one right now, but I'll delete it if I take something better later on in the month. I seem to be struggling a bit and I'm not really happy with what I've been taking recently. I'll post some of the others in another thread, then go out and try to photograph more flowers.

K10, Phoenix 100mm macro.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 7:16 PM   #29

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

A++ Kjell!The composition is outstanding. If the contest ended today, you have my vote!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 10:58 PM   #30

After taking some nice shots of petunias, etcetera today. I decided to throw a little bit of a different spin on the challenge. I noticed a beautiful color of yellow this evening after having it on the grill for a half of an hour. Hope you enjoy it 1/10th as much I did!!:G:G:G

Ron
Attached Images

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote