Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 9, 2007, 8:48 AM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Well, that's quite imaginative. You would have always regretted it if you hadn't tried it out.

There's also the saying that "practice makes perfect." Perhaps if you try it again a couple of times you'll get better results. Or not...
You can be takinga short nap when nothing is going on will continue but I think trying to use the BushHawk while laying down is a done deal. Thanks for the fun comment and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 1:00 PM   #12

good idea but.......... if you lay down here and happen to fall asleep, all anyone will find of you is a stripped skeleton.

fire ants are pretty tough here.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 1:06 PM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
good idea but.......... if you lay down here and happen to fall asleep, all anyone will find of you is a stripped skeleton.

fire ants are pretty tough here.

roy
Another reason this idea is just not to good of one. Roy thanks for commenting and for looking and for making me smile.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old May 9, 2007, 2:26 PM   #14

roger,
it wasn't meant to make you smile,hehe
if you ever get into a bed of these, believe me, you will never forget it. i still carry scars.

roy
Old May 9, 2007, 4:09 PM   #15

robar wrote:
Quote:
roger,
it wasn't meant to make you smile,hehe
if you ever get into a bed of these, believe me, you will never forget it. i still carry scars.

roy
Hi Roy, I have never heard of them things around here. They sound like a nasty buch of ants to me. Maybe we are to hight here or some thing else they don't like.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old May 9, 2007, 4:23 PM   #16

it probably is the elevation. you folks have a much more severe winter also. they also need rain to exist.

roy
Old May 9, 2007, 6:30 PM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:
it probably is the elevation. you folks have a much more severe winter also. they also need rain to exist.

roy
From what you said about them I am glad they don't like it here where I live.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old May 10, 2007, 12:41 AM   #18

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:

Find a comfortable spot in the flight path of a pair of Osprey, lay down on my back and in between power naps look up and get a few photos of the Osprey flying by. Clean off the new nap area spread a few inches of pine needles, fold up my vest for a pillow and I am ready to out smart the Osprey from a lazy position. YUP!!! this idea might win the idea of the year award.
Well taht depends of flight patterns..... bird here tend to be very low flying/hunting so you would have half a sec to see and shot them as the flew over....

Hard enought to see them coming and catch them.

And and thinking of Pelicans, but BTW Ospeys too.... which have usually just caught a fish and are trying to gain altitide (with often a fish much of their weight) to find a place to dine.... lucky if they fly buy as much as 2-4 times eye level... let alone straight up.

All in where you are, and conditions.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 10:01 AM   #19

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:

Find a comfortable spot in the flight path of a pair of Osprey, lay down on my back and in between power naps look up and get a few photos of the Osprey flying by. Clean off the new nap area spread a few inches of pine needles, fold up my vest for a pillow and I am ready to out smart the Osprey from a lazy position. YUP!!! this idea might win the idea of the year award.
Well taht depends of flight patterns..... bird here tend to be very low flying/hunting so you would have half a sec to see and shot them as the flew over....

Hard enought to see them coming and catch them.

And and thinking of Pelicans, but BTW Ospeys too.... which have usually just caught a fish and are trying to gain altitide (with often a fish much of their weight) to find a place to dine.... lucky if they fly buy as much as 2-4 times eye level... let alone straight up.

All in where you are, and conditions.
You are right Hayward. It was fun to try. Thanks for commenting and for taking the time to look.

TOTALLY WACKY roger