Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 9, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1

Ive had my K10D for 2 weeks now and love it. Fantastic. Took me a day to figure out how to get my old lens's working and i have trouble with my memory but ill eat more fish. They say that helps. Ill put up a pic taken on full zoom with my old manual Pentax 80 - 200 zoom. Kite surfer didnt do any jumps while facing me so had to make do. Keith
Attached Images

Keithg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2007, 12:11 AM   #2

Here is another. Was going home and came across this sunset. Didnt want to stop at first but then thought. Have to. Felt silly standing by car but now im glad. Used the Sigma kit lens 18 -50 and all i have done is crop slightly. Should have seen the colours 2 minutes earlier. Went so quick. Keith
Attached Images

Old May 9, 2007, 1:39 AM   #3

Nice shot's Keith,

don't loose that old lens, looks a great one.

like nr2 best, stopping was really worth it. Gives the impression of all those cars driving to the sunset, (could also have been a sunrise)

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 9:46 AM   #4

Love the color in the second one, though the first one is really nice, too.

At least you didn't try shooting pictures while you were driving - my other half wanted to kill me when I tried that once (granted we were in the middle of a traffic jam caused by a brush fire and were at best crawling along (mostly stopped).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 2:43 PM   #5

Thanks Ronny. I will be hanging on to that zoom and my old 50 &28mm's from my ME & ME Super. Havnt tried the 28 yet but the 50 [1.7] is brilliant. Also found that my old Starblitz flash works well. Experimented to see what settings worked best as to whether i was bouncing or direct and yeah,great. This stuff is nearly 30 years old. Keith
Old May 9, 2007, 2:56 PM   #6

Aah, guilty once years ago with a video camera that dosnt have a lcd screen. No excuse but was in country and hardly any traffic. Figured it was live so what was the difference lol. I got a big rev from my wife so sat it on dash where i could still duck down now and then and peep. Was still in trouble. I did pull up 2 mins earlier and grabbed my wifes new Prosumer and shot through the winscreen at sunset but yhen felt i had to do it properly and get out with K10. Glad i did as other ones didnt come out very good. The difference aSLR makes. Keith
Old May 9, 2007, 3:22 PM   #7

Georgous colors in that sunset.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 3:50 PM   #8

ahhh Kieth,
exif on these shots says fuji

roy
Attached Images

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 4:26 PM   #9

he must have processed/cropped the image in finepix viewer

(FinePixViewer Ver.5.1)

maybe it writes itself into the exif.

Very bad practice btu that app is bundled with fuji point/shoots so i dount the average joe would even know or care what the exif is, let alone what Finepixviewer does to it
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 4:38 PM   #10

Gazander wrote:
Quote:
he must have processed/cropped the image in finepix viewer

(FinePixViewer Ver.5.1)

maybe it writes itself into the exif.

Very bad practice btu that app is bundled with fuji point/shoots so i dount the average joe would even know or care what the exif is, let alone what Finepixviewer does to it
your right, i'll bet that's what it is and now i remember i got the same with my s7000. never did use it.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote