Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 9, 2007, 2:02 AM   #1

I had my trusty Ds for 3 years and loved every minute of it.
I wasn't at all thinking of upgrading.

But I found this price on a 100D:
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PKK100D

I starded wondering how much my Ds was worth.
Turned out I was able to sell in on Amazon for $436. In 2 days!
Same price as a brand new 100D. And I am getting a $50 rebate on top.

I've had the new one for almost a week and love it. The SR system is a blessing with my lens (Sigma 18-125).

Just though I would share with those of you you would like to basically get a new model for free...
Burlapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2007, 3:47 AM   #2

The deal for getting something new for basically nothing is something to take note of.

I did not part with my DS and instead bought the K100D. I use my DS more with the Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 XR Di Macro instead of the K100D. I have not found it to be all that as some have found and/or stated but it is a good camera. I guess I just like the DS and have learned to use it and get the results I am after.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 6:16 AM   #3

Hi,

Glad you got a good price for your ist Ds and that you are enjoying your 100D. As for me I will not part with my ist D!

The main thing is enjoy the camera and the resulting pictures that you take.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 10:08 AM   #4

I've been thinking about parting ways with my *ist Dl and upgrading it to a K100D as a backup to my K10D for the shake reduction... but with two unknown DSLR's coming out this year, I think I may hold out... maybe my K10D will become my backup to something else!

Glad to hear you got a deal on both ends!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 11:18 AM   #5

All you'll miss is the nice, big pentaprism.... but SR, a better LCD and much better shooting performance will more than make up for it.
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 2:12 PM   #6

ishino wrote:
Quote:
I've been thinking about parting ways with my *ist Dl and upgrading it to a K100D as a backup to my K10D for the shake reduction... but with two unknown DSLR's coming out this year, I think I may hold out...
I had kept the DS when I bought the K100 and really enjoyed having two camera bodies. I sold the DS when I bought the K10, but after a while regretted that decision. It's not that I don't really like the K100, I do. It's just that I got used to keeping a wide angle on the DS and long lenses that needed SR on the K100. I do the same thing now and don't really need SR on the second body. The DS is signficantly lighter than the K100, and the extra weight of the K100 makes a difference.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 12:24 AM   #7

I think you misplaced some zeroes in there somewhere making that all sort of unclear... (K100 vs K10)

And over time the K10 can seem cumbesome especialy if carrying some not so light lenses to.... but as has long been said (mostly P&S vs SLR) heavy cameras are actually easier to stabelize....

Even without the SR I can get motion sharper shots on my K10D than I could on my old (heaviest of them all) original Canon Rebel 300D, for just that reason... movement correction is minor vs just a light weight flailing around or ESPECIALLY in wind where it just blows around, like a feather.

The weight translates to INERTIA (go back to HS Physics) More mass tends to stay at rest, as it takes more enery to get it moving. (Though once moving takes more to stop, if you don't control it)

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 12:41 PM   #8

Think you will find that the zeros are all in the right place, and the conversation makes perfect sense.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 2:57 PM   #9

I had a DS and this winter I replaced it with the K100d. I will never look back. Yes the viewfinder was better but the other advantages far outweigh the the larger VF. The SR and far better picture clarity make it tops for the money spent. When the price went down another $50 plus the $50 rebate I had to get another for a spare.

Dave
trvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 12:34 AM   #10

So far, I am really happy with the 100k and I haven't really noticed the viewfinder difference.
What I noticed is that the grip seems to be a bit smaller. Not as deep as in the DS.
But the SR is amazing. And a big plus for me . I did miss quite a few shots because of a slight blur with my "old" DS at 125.
Burlapp is offline   Reply With Quote