Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 12, 2007, 6:53 AM   #11

Keithw wrote:
Quote:
Oh and as for a flashgun I picked up the Samsung SEF-36PZF (can you guess which Pentax flash has been rebadged?) for a mere £99.99; so yet another manual to try to understand!!!
Seems like a great deal, where from?
Anyone know if it works on a DL?
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 11:34 AM   #12

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Keithw wrote:
Quote:
None of these shots used flash, available light only. That last pic is just the way the camera "saw" the scene.
REALLY???? in that last shot sure looked like it!!!!

What was the forground light that was so different and horizantally spead (to even medium background boats) then in the last shot? (Epecially the deck looked flash lit..... and again especialy in WB, you or just edge or frame must have been right under the light source to make it look that much like a flash wash)

And in which case you might have been better off to do a manual AWB off the forground boat hull. But darn that sure looks blue/white enought to have been flash.
I suspect the culprit was the spotlights(?) that lit the area. I've just had a look through the pics I took that evening but cannot find one that shows what I mean. The best I can do is to point you in the direction of the second photo down. If you look to the left you'll see that the boardwalk is well lit and it;s from there that I took the picture of the boats.

Actually I wonder whether this pic helps. You can probably make out the boats through the noise and the deck behind is very well lit.
Attached Images

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007, 11:37 AM   #13

nadnerb wrote:
Quote:
Keithw wrote:
Quote:
Oh and as for a flashgun I picked up the Samsung SEF-36PZF (can you guess which Pentax flash has been rebadged?) for a mere £99.99; so yet another manual to try to understand!!!
Seems like a great deal, where from?
Anyone know if it works on a DL?
I got it from a UK based company - http://www.rankhour.com Because I was on holiday last week I opted for the 7 - 10 working day delivery which was free.

Just had a look at their site but the flash is now out of stock.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:50 AM   #14

Do you recall the type of flood lights they were (or general color)?

And the mention of the flashgun above is probably what made most think that was maybe one flash shot with that. Maybe just an od coincidence of AWB and dominant type of light.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 4:22 PM   #15

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Do you recall the type of flood lights they were (or general color)?

And the mention of the flashgun above is probably what made most think that was maybe one flash shot with that. Maybe just an od coincidence of AWB and dominant type of light.
Hi Hayward

Sorry, I didn't really take any notice at the time. I'd offer to go have a look but I am in the UK and the photos were taken in Menorca. All I remember was that at that end of the walkway the decking was very brightly lit with what appeared to be a very white light.

Keith
Old May 16, 2007, 12:00 AM   #16

My guess would be Mercury vapor light AWB took away the green, but left the blue (and altered tungssten/yellow background balance as well)

And again having mentioned the flashgun aquisition.... thought maybe the was the one flash filled shot.... just an accident of available lighting and AWB maybe but sure LOOKED like it.

The others look very nice and natural.... that one sure looks flashed.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote