Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 15, 2007, 4:50 PM   #11

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I appreciate the steps provided in what you did in the last PP. I still see at the top in his hair where it still has some work needed to polish this up a bit more.
Given that it was done in about 10 minutes, it not a bad effort - yes it's a tad rough around the hairline where more time would be required in fine tuning the mask.
IntrepidWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 11:41 AM   #12

I liked this shot anyway, but IntrepidWlaker certainly has the talent I lack in PS. You have made the person jump right out of the picture.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 11:59 PM   #13

IntrepidWalker wrote:
Quote:
Here's my effort which takes into consideration above comments reference portrait shots & backgrounds.
And decided white fringing still there from the white sky over head background, where as step o to the right head against trees... the cloning would have been far more effective, and easy.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 12:05 AM   #14

here ya go
Attached Images

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 7:53 AM   #15

Impressive cloning on this last one!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 10:58 AM   #16

Both intrepidwalker and tjsnaps' post processing efforts are impressive. I believe I favor the closer cropped version tjsnaps came up with, though. Intrepidwalker stated his took about then minutes, I am curious how long tjsnaps took (ya'll can feel free to use a real name ya know). I have little experience with PPing but I would have guessed it would have taken me an hour ortwo to make these kind of changes. This kind of time requirement has kept me from doing much more than WB, resize, crop, and some mild sharpening work. I would probably do more with it if I could learn how to do it faster.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 5:47 PM   #17

Tim

I'm going to guess and say it took me somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes. But I have been doing it for a while.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 9:04 PM   #18

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
here ya go
TJ....That's the way I would have done it....A little soft focus might work too!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 11:36 AM   #19

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
Tim

I'm going to guess and say it took me somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes. But I have been doing it for a while.
Didn't realise that it was a competition!

I'm appreciative of the techniques used - not necessarily in the final result as the quality of the source material must be a limiting factor.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 12:01 PM   #20

Hi guys, sorry it took so long to respond to my own thread.

Thanks for all the views, comments and especially PPs!

The gentleman in the picture is actually... me! Taken several beers into a BBQ i was throwing for a couple friends, one of em grabbed the camera and snapped just as i was looking up! You can see some smoke from the BBQ to the right.

For those curious, in the tankard is Unibroue's "Fin Du Monde" (translates to "End of the World") Probably one of the best beers you can find on supermarket shelves here. It's 9% per volume :?

Here's a link: http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_b..._du_monde.html

tjsnaps, i'm not an axe murderer! I'm a good boy :lol: But that's a fairly perceptive assessment. I'm not a danger to society but I'm a malcontent, so i don't know how to smile. What can I say?

At first glance, I didn't even notice the blown portion above the head, but now that you guys mentioned it, it's getting to me! I briefly tried using the burn tool to darken it a bit but it looked fairly unnatural. I will definitely play with this pic some more/

That's some very impressive cloning, though I'm not sure I'd want to completely obliterate the background. I like to keep the image close to the original scene. I think with some selective manipuation, I could probably get the highlight portion to be slightly less noticeable, but like I said I need to play with it some more.

Once again I really appreciate everyone taking the time to comment.
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote