Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 15, 2007, 1:48 PM   #11

Lovely shots, and such pretty flowers.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 4:59 PM   #12

Thanks for looking and commenting, everyone. Just follow Harriets good example and post your own too!:|

Harriet, I like your hibiscus shots a lot. I'd like to have a botanical garden like that nearby. Well, some people say I already got one, in my living room.:-)I also like your shots in the other thread, just haven't got my hands out of my pocketsto comment on them yet. You make it hard for me with that 300 mm. I have just decided to get a 1.7X TC for my 200 and then you come and water my mouth for a 300.:love:

I have collected my plantswhen travelling in Africa and Latin America. I guess they are just as common in gardens in Florida and California, but being garden varietys they are not sold as pot plants in Sweden, thus being rare here. But never in my wildest dream I believed you could sell the stuff, even less to get such a neat profit. The last onelooks likea more common pot variety, though.

I take these shots for sales promotion. Indoors, backlit with natural light from the window. To get a darker background when needed i put a dark sweater or something like that behind the flower. Tripod, A* 85mm. 2 sec delay.

Kjell

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 11:14 PM   #13

Isn't it great that you can combine a couple of hobbies and make money at it? Cool!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 6:10 PM   #14

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
I have collected my plantswhen travelling in Africa and Latin America. I guess they are just as common in gardens in Florida and California, but being garden varietys they are not sold as pot plants in Sweden, thus being rare here. But never in my wildest dream I believed you could sell the stuff, even less to get such a neat profit. The last onelooks likea more common pot variety, though.
I hope I did not sound in any way like I was disparaging your plants Kjell. I think it is neat that, in this age of instant world wide commerce, there are still things rare in some places and common in others. And, if you gave me instructions and thought they could make it, I would be happy to make cuttings from the ones around here.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 11:18 PM   #15

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
And nearly as much for one of these:
Anyone else see the mad pixellation in the red petals?
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 3:34 AM   #16

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I hope I did not sound in any way like I was disparaging your plants Kjell.
Absolutely not! I just take it as evidence that we live in a crazy world where anything can be sold to the right buyerat the right time. I've got nothing against insanity, as long as it works my way. I collect my plants not as valuable collector's items, but as a kind of nice looking souvenirs from my trips to interesting places.

Kjell
Old May 17, 2007, 3:37 AM   #17

Gazander wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else see the mad pixellation in the red petals?
Yes, I do. I think it has to do with resizeing.

Kjell