Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2007, 11:43 PM   #1

Well we got our first significant rain in months, right around sunset. Hope up north FL did too for the fires... here just withering plants, brown lawns (those foolish enought to have them vs just native drought/salt resistant plantings), concerns.

When not shooting kept lens pointing down and letting the camera back take it, with finger over the VF... just so I woldn't have to clean/wipe it to shoot again

When it really started up... headed for near by cover.... but that was more for my comfort than camera concern. (no jacket... very damp at 80 deg is one thing...soaking wet is another... especially if you go into AC)

Happily is all good, shooting later on, at another place, with no more than wiping it off, with my rather damp shirt before stowing.

For any interested lens was Tamron LD 28-200mm, which with IF seems relatively weather resistant as well (though again I only exposed it when actuallly shooting, and wiped the barrel before zooming back out... lens in)

If they didn't have disposable ponchos on board those are VERY wet people out there... I had already sought shelter in neighboring hotel loading dock alcove.)

Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2007, 6:18 AM   #2

Along with this guy? Who is normally squacking away (as far as I know... doesn't know a word) in the hotel Tiki Bar.... guess this is his night/bad weather prison on the other side of the other (people) cell bars I was shooting through.... night life on a loading dock :roll:

Yes i COULD have MF'd beyond/blurred the jail cell... but not that inportant.... especially since owners sadly often no care... and not even smart enough to sell them for preety big money (commitment they might out live YOU abandon)... even free ranging Parrots around here.
Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote