Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 17, 2007, 11:10 PM   #1

At the end of the track season, all the teams in the conference gather for the "Conference Meet." A win in an event here gives the winner "All Conference" awards. My 7th grader ran the 100 meter dash...
Attached Images

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2007, 11:14 PM   #2

The finish was too close to call and was reviewed for nearly 30 minutes. In the end, she lost first by 40 milliseconds! About two minutes later, she found out that she placed first in the long jump and made All Conference. Her jump was a personal record in competition (16 feet). This is the actual 16 foot jump...Jump is with the K100D and Tamron 28-300mm AF.
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2007, 12:18 AM   #3

Congrats to your daughter for making all-conference! And your shots are (as usual) awesome. Your long jump is my favorite - the focus is right on and the lighting is nice. You must be SO proud of her.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 9:20 AM   #4

Yes, we're all very proud of her as we are of her older sister and her 4 x 200 meter relay team that placed second in the meet. Now it is on to sub sections, sections and, hopefully, the state track meet.

Very difficult shooting at this track. High, harsh sun from the west and the bleachers are on the east side facing into the sun. I had to work to find views that were perpendicular to the sun, but this only helped a bit (one side of the atheletes' faces were highlighted while the other side was in the shadows). There isn't a flash in the word that would have been strong enough to "fill" and help out.

Interesting as far as other shooters there, though. I sawone Canon, two Nikons but also saw a DL and a K10 in addition to my K100. So, we (Pentaxians) were well represented.