Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 20, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1

Hi all,
I've had the camera a couple of weeks, but our local weather has stopped me getting outside to shoot, lots of indoor practice though. Today the weather relented, so here's a few close-ups from around my garden. Using the kit lens + a Hoya 2 element +10 dioptre. Results not too bad I think.
I shot this new leaf growth to capture the texture, looks like I blew the highlights some, I didn't notice the aphids when I shot this ...
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2007, 10:24 AM   #2

I was trying to focus on the anthers here, not as sharp as I'd like
Attached Images

Old May 20, 2007, 10:26 AM   #3

This came out better, I'm pleased with that one.
Attached Images

Old May 20, 2007, 10:28 AM   #4

I caught this guy napping ... don't know what it is though.
Attached Images

Old May 20, 2007, 11:09 AM   #5

Welcome to the board at the Pentax forum. I like the third shot as well. Nice work and I am sure you will enjoy the shots you will get outdoors when the weather cooperates.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2007, 4:41 PM   #6

hey Jack!!!!
you know you are welcome here. i've been waiting for your post. it's good to be posting in the same forum again.. jack and i go back a few years and i'm happy he has joined the fold here..

stay in focus,
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2007, 6:58 PM   #7

Nice series - really like your third one. It definitely says something when you can get quality shots with that much close-up add-ons with a kit lens (I like my kit lens, too). Hope your weather improves so you can post more.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2007, 9:21 PM   #8

Welcome! I really like the third one as well, great color and sharpness. If you like this kind of photography and you hang around here long, we are going to talk you into a macro lens!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 5:49 AM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
hey Jack!!!!
you know you are welcome here. i've been waiting for your post. it's good to be posting in the same forum again.. jack and i go back a few years and i'm happy he has joined the fold here..

stay in focus,
roy
Hi Roy and you other guys,
Thanks for the welcome to the board, You must have known Roy that the post would come sooner or later, only the weather put me off, last couple of weeks have been miserable here, heavy rain showers, and wind not much chance of macro/ close-up outside, and very poor light, weather is looking more settled until mid week at least.
Nonentity ... yes I'm into macro/close-up, but haven't found a macro lens yet, I've been scouring Ebay, but no joy. I did pick up a nice set of screwmount bellows though at not too bad a price .. Russian made and solid robust construction, built like a brick outhouse :-), arrived in the post this AM, got to play with those yet. Hope to be posting again soon. ... Jack
Old May 22, 2007, 5:56 AM   #10

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Nice series - really like your third one. It definitely says something when you can get quality shots with that much close-up add-ons with a kit lens (I like my kit lens, too). Hope your weather improves so you can post more.
Yeah well some people think they HAVE to spend high hundreds if not thousands of dollars for HQ extreme lenses.....

When actually diopters maybe not to the 1:1 degree but those are few pretty tiny things anyways.... or ulrawide where an inexpensive front 0.45x WA lens can do pretty darn well as well, if either are just an occasional need/curiosity.... and 10-100x less costly.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote