Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Field Test Sigma 10-20 with Pentax K10D (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/122236-field-test-sigma-10-20-pentax-k10d.html)

WackyRoger May 23, 2007 9:59 AM

Field Test Sigma 10-20 with Pentax K10D

Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC J Autofocus Lens

I wanted a lens so I could get wider photos. I decided to test it indoors and out doors.

What it will be used for.

1. Background photos for my wildlife inserts

2. Small rooms for real estate web sites

3. By cropping I can get a panorama look.


Our Dinning & Kitchen is a very narrow. 8 1/2 feet by 32 feet

http://www.hotelforsale.info/phototo...ingroom001.jpg

A hotel room. 8 1/2 feet by 15 feet

http://www.hotelforsale.info/phototo...oom208-001.jpg

http://www.hotelforsale.info/phototo...bedroom001.jpg

My outside test is right after a rain storm.

http://wildlifephotogallery.net/disc...erstorm001.jpg

http://wildlifephotogallery.net/disc...erstorm002.jpg

On my way home I stopped at one of the ranch ponds I go to.

http://wildlifephotogallery.net/disc...sigma10-20.jpg

TOTALLY WACKY roger

vIZnquest May 23, 2007 10:51 AM

This is lens takes some fantastic shots. Thanks for the field test sharing. The bigma and this 10-20mm are proven to be tops. Also, I appreciate your maintaining the exif info so one can view the settings you had for each shot. Very helpful.

Mahalo,

Tom

penolta May 23, 2007 12:09 PM

A perfect lens for the job, but there is more to a good picture than the equipment - well done.

I prefer the uncropped photo to the panorama, as I like the cloud formations, but the cropping illustrates the point.

Did you use a polarizer on the last one, or is that PP? or both? Very striking.

WackyRoger May 23, 2007 3:57 PM

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:

This is lens takes some fantastic shots. Thanks for the field test sharing. The bigma and this 10-20mm are proven to be tops. Also, I appreciate your maintaining the exif info so one can view the settings you had for each shot. Very helpful.

Mahalo,

Tom
Hi Tom, I think once I get use to it I am going to really like it. For my background photos it does give me a lot more room for the insert of the close up. Thanks for looking and for commenting.


TOTALLY WACKY roger

rhermans May 23, 2007 4:36 PM

Roger - looks like a great lens, there's only one negative point to it

you're going to be posting even more impressive shots :roll:

Ronny

Nols May 23, 2007 4:38 PM

Look great Roger. Could you post a pic of this lens mounted on the K10D?

Nols

Wingman May 23, 2007 5:20 PM

Roger,

These are great pics, especially the outdoor ones. I secomd Penolta's comment that it takes more than good equipment. The picture of the ranch pond is top rate! If I'm not being too nosy, what did you pay for that lens?

Jay

WackyRoger May 23, 2007 5:51 PM

penolta wrote:
Quote:

A perfect lens for the job, but there is more to a good picture than the equipment - well done.

I prefer the uncropped photo to the panorama, as I like the cloud formations, but the cropping illustrates the point.

Did you use a polarizer on the last one, or is that PP? or both? Very striking.
Nope on the polarizer. Penolta thanks for looking and commenting.


TOTALLY WACKY roger


WackyRoger May 23, 2007 5:52 PM

rhermans wrote:
Quote:

Roger - looks like a great lens, there's only one negative point to it

you're going to be posting even more impressive shots :roll:

Ronny
Ronny I sure do hope you are right. Thanks for the nice comment and for taking the time to look.



TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger May 23, 2007 5:53 PM

Nols wrote:
Quote:

Look great Roger. Could you post a pic of this lens mounted on the K10D?

Nols
We loaned out other camera a FZ30 to a friend of ours for a couple of days while he is waiting for his to get back from repair. As soon as it is available I will take the photo for you. Thanks for looking and for the kind comment.


TOTALLY WACKY roger



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2