Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 24, 2007, 2:19 PM   #1

Sorry guys, I have not been around much lately but photo season is just beginning here. I would really appreciate any comments on my blog site at http://aicphotography.blogspot.com/ . I am not a hard core blogger but the ability to update a website so easily is very appealing.

Any criticism, positive or negative is welcome. As the famous line goes, "There is only one thing worse than being talked about... Not being talked about."

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2007, 3:09 PM   #2

ira, i've been wondering where you ahve been.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 3:48 PM   #3

I too have been wondering about where you have been Ira, glad to see you back.

I love the car portion of the blog, but I am depressed about you leaving out one of the best modern two seat sports cars that is affordable, the MR2.

I also had a Monza two door, dropped in a 327 V8 and a 4-speed, opened up the wheel wells for wide tires and modified the suspension. It was FAST, but handled like a coaster wagon and was downright dangerous to drive.

Now I have the 85 MR2 and a 73 240Z and they are just a hoot to drive and put a smile on my face each time I take them out.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 3:55 PM   #4

Been missing you, Ira. My car fixing carreer started and finished with a little MG I bought for equiv 15 USD without having even gotten a place to keep it, and sold it one year later for the same price to the first sellers younger brother. But I had a year of nice dreams.:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 4:00 PM   #5

Have missed you, Ira.

Regards, Lawrence
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 4:58 PM   #6

Awwww shucks guys I'm just speechless.

I have been really busy this past few weeks, managed to put some pictures up on flickr and not much else.Anyway, a few days ago I decided to move some files around (using a new computer with an old hard drive attached). To make a long story short I happened upon the files from an old Fiero website I used to maintain before Homestead decided to charge. I polished up a couple of old articles and posted them on my blog (BTW Tom, the MR2 was mentioned in the original article). I was a fairly prolific technical writer back then (see http://ironduke7.tripod.com/as an example). Lately I am more into poetry and photography then tech articles and cars, must be getting old.

Anyhow I will try to keep in touch better from now on, it is interesting having these long distance "friendships" (and I think this term does apply).

BTW Harriet, if you are out there, how does the K100D compare to the K10D for its SR capability? I am trying to scare up enough cash to buy a K100D for my wife Annette since she finds it difficult to get sharp images with the *istDL. I don't think she would want a K10D (she likes the light weight and AA batteries) and the cost is hundreds more.

Ira
Old May 24, 2007, 5:32 PM   #7

Hi, Ira! It's great to hear from you again (missed you, and yes we are long-distance friends. Tell your wife that I absolutely LOVE her Amsterdam Bridge.

I don't notice much difference between the SR on the K10 and the K100,so I think she'd be happier with the K100 because of the size/weight issue. While I like the extra controls on the K10, the K100 is a joy to use and I still use itall the time as a second body or if I'm using manual lenses.Whenever I get frustrated with the K10 (and I do on occasion), I leave it at home and just play with the K100 -does the trick every time.

I know what you mean about sports cars, though I'll probably never manage to own one. The closest I've managed so far is a soft top Wrangler, which is also a blast to drive without ever leaving first gear (unless you happen to be in 4-low).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 5:56 PM   #8

HI Ira

Welcome back!!! I was also woundering what happened to You. Anyway, back to your request. I checked out your blog. I Very much enjoyed It. Since I am Not a blogger, What do I Know. But it looks good to me

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 6:13 PM   #9

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Anyhow I will try to keep in touch better from now on, it is interesting having these long distance "friendships" (and I think this term does apply).

Ira
blog is fine ira.

the statement above definately applies. who'd have thought just 20 years ago that we'd have instant access to anyone in the world???
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 6:48 PM   #10

Just a little sample from a couple of hours ago (*istDL with FA100-300mm f4.7-5.8) Shot in the outside rear view mirror of my Hyundai Sonata, I was in the driver's seat, Stephen was in the back seat behind me (yes we were stopped!!), ISO 400 focal length 170mm f5.6 1/30 hand held. PP in Photo Shop Elements, used USM, Gaussian blur, watercolour effect and greyscale conversion.

I like it.

Attached Images