Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 26, 2007, 8:11 PM   #11

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
If I remember correctly there are 2 issues here. 1) Pentax uses a Lookup table to identify it's lenses based on a number in the extended(?) EXIF . I suspect none of the other programs pay any attention to this field. The lens data, I believe is recorded somewhere else as well. This is what other programs use as an identifier.
W/ Pentax software, some 3rd party lenses have a value in the correct field but unfortunately can only be linked to a Pentax product.
What ver 1.2 software changed in the EXIF file is unknown, but apparently a field was moved. Some programs have a hard time w/ things like this Only a guess BTW.
That sound very realistic and makes perfect sense.

I managed to get the 1.10 firmware with the 1.20 header, and sucessfully downgraded to 1.10 and then upgraded back to 1.11. I'm gonna take a couple of shots and see if the Sigma info is there.

Besides adding support for Remote Assistance 3, was anything else confirmed to have changed with Firmware 1.20?
Attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 10:17 PM   #12

If this works, please advise on where you located the firmware. I am having same exact problem with version 1.2 firmware
drembecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 10:21 PM   #13

here is a list of the lens tags.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/....html#LensType
drembecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 5:31 PM   #14

Yep, I can confirm that everything works fine in 1.11.

To be honest I'm not sure where I got the file, but I can try to find it in my Browsers history, or give me your email via PM, and I'll send it to .
Attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote