Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 26, 2007, 3:57 AM   #1

Seems endlessly people are having problems (best batt etc) witth the K100D and NO ONE is with the K10D

Actually I shoot A LOT ( going on 10K in 5 mo) but battery NEVER an issue on the 10D..... occasionally it dies but had a spare and maybe missed a shot for that 30 sec swap.... but more often than not its been about 3 days time to swap it.

Another strength I'd attripute to the K10D.... and not all that expensive unless you buy PENTAXT replacement.... 3rd party yp\ou are talkin under or around twenty $$ incld shipping.....

But last DAYS.... and again you see yourself getting into a time sensitive situation just change it.

Even shooting hundreds of shots a day (many right away deleted) they last DAYS.

And oddly enough like most rechargeable the fail VBEY fast the batt meter is worthless.... its IF you notice a few shots later..... rechargeables keep theire fullcharge to VERY near the end.

One other reason I went for the 10D vs sort of considering the 100D, coming from an also 5MP orig Canon Rebel 300D.

And as I I have said before still surprises me.... with what it CAN pull off with a little though.

Yes 10Dcoming from P&S has a HIIGH learning curve..... but is you ever dealt with SLR film (and been missing it)

K10Dis an amazing thing.... even beyong that.... think about things a bit if time... amazxing what it can pull off.... film never would..... and again no offence (though acceptaqble) likely not 100D either .

As far as Steves BEST picks..... good thing Canon 30Dis so outpriced (and Steve's criteria) becaiuse as K10Dis at top of his picks... would the AGING 30D really surpass????

Not iIMHO. And for HUNDREDS less..... just likely the PRICE criteria there.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2007, 4:00 AM   #2

Darn you can edit text but not subject lines..... hit that send button to fast reviewing text vs sbuject....

Yes K100 vs K (not L) 10D (missed key stroke by ....... THAT........ much )
Old May 26, 2007, 8:29 AM   #3

Nice to know how much you like your K10D and see how you continue toexpound of its superiority over basically everything.

How about some stellar shots out of the tens of thousands you have taken?

I'd love to see at least one. None so far.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 9:57 AM   #4

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Actually I shoot A LOT ( going on 10K in 5 mo)
and very little posted to show how good it is.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 11:11 AM   #5

Hi,

You don't need to post pictures to expond on the quality and features of camera that you work well with and enjoy using/owning.

Roy, you do it too. LOL!!! Only about the ist Ds.....:G

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 3:11 PM   #6

I'm going to argue on the K100D side here. I use a set of rechargable CRV3s, and they haven't failed me yet. In fact, the rechargable Ni-MH batteries I've been using as well have served me well. I've never had an early shutoff with the K100D; I've been able to take hundreds of shots using a single charge with Ni-MH batteries. I have yet to recharge my rechargable CRV3s.

The K100D may be technically inferior to the K10D, but I think I have proven how good of a camera the camera can be, as shown below (on the same charge with my CRV3 still!)

- Jason
Attached Images

Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 5:02 PM   #7

I don't think people asking "what are the best batteries for a K100d" can be fairly interpreted as "people having problems." The fact of the matter is that there are many choices of NIMH battery brands and capacities, not to mention CRV3, lithium AA, alkaline AA,rechargable CRV3, and now the new hybrid rechargable AA. Choice is not a problem, per se, but it does lead to people asking questions.

With the K10d you basically have a choice of the Pentax branded battery or a generic version of the same battery.

The K10d has many features that justify its higher price over the K100d. The battery, in my opinion, is not among them. I am getting 500 + shots out of a set of regular non-hybrid 2500 mah NIMH batteries and I like being able to carry the same batteries for both my flash and camera to be used as needed. I can also buy two sets of name brand Sanyo 2500 AAs for the $20 it costs for one generic battery for the K10.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 10:29 PM   #8

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Roy, you do it too. LOL!!! Only about the ist Ds.....:G

Rudy
rudy,
i'll call you on that..
when?? where??? and provide the link....lol
roy
Old May 26, 2007, 10:36 PM   #9

Illuminati wrote:
Quote:
I'm going to argue on the K100D side here. I use a set of rechargable CRV3s, and they haven't failed me yet. In fact, the rechargable Ni-MH batteries I've been using as well have served me well. I've never had an early shutoff with the K100D; I've been able to take hundreds of shots using a single charge with Ni-MH batteries. I have yet to recharge my rechargable CRV3s.

The K100D may be technically inferior to the K10D, but I think I have proven how good of a camera the camera can be, as shown below (on the same charge with my CRV3 still!)

- Jason
doubtful in the hands of someone like you that knows how to use it..
Old May 27, 2007, 12:59 AM   #10

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I don't think people asking "what are the best batteries for a K100d" can be fairly interpreted as "people having problems." The fact of the matter is that there are many choices of NIMH battery brands and capacities, not to mention CRV3, lithium AA, alkaline AA,rechargable CRV3, and now the new hybrid rechargable AA. Choice is not a problem, per se, but it does lead to people asking questions.=
Funny how this has all been taken.... if some din't seem so serious.... almost amusing

The point WAS MEANT TO be......

As BOTH are great cameras why did PENTAX copromise the K100D with AA batteries.... I don't care how great ones particular NiMH's might be.... they don't come CLOSE to the 10D's L-ion D-150

Last Days of heavy use.... self discharge no issue if it sits a while..... I have two batteries and the ONLY time I have had to change them is because I LET it die... again after days.....

Though will usually change it before that.

Again just seems ODD that for two great cameras pretty much co released they would go AA on one and the much heartier L-Ion on the other.

(ANd that dedicated battery 3rd party is no more expensive than a set of AA's.... my back up was $9.99... and actually a bit more capacity than the Pentax OEM))