Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 28, 2007, 12:19 PM   #1

I never served in the Armed Forces but my Dad was in WWII, my uncle was in Korea & my brother & brother-in-law were in Vietnam ...fortuneately all of them returned home safely! But all too many did not. So I always feel compelled to honor their services.

This shot will hopefully be a humble thanks to those in rememberance! My wife & I took a little getaway to Sainte Genevieve, Mo a couple days ago & these beautiful roses were in front of one of the B&B's downtown. If anyone ever gets a chance to visit there, I highly recommend it. It's only an hour's drive south of St. Louis & they have5 wineries & a few state parks in the area....many photo ops, which I will be posting more of in the next day or so.

Thanks!

Ron
Attached Images

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2007, 1:58 PM   #2

Sorry about the lack of detail on this shot! I just checked it after the post & I guess the compression took away some of the resolution??? I had to cut back to 20% to post. Anyway, it's more about the message than the picture!

Ron
Old May 28, 2007, 3:38 PM   #3

always nice to let em know you care

nice picture, and even nicer avatar! glad to see you're still a fan even after we're losing so much
xfxgeforced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 10:03 PM   #4

Sorry, I've been a Cardinal fan since I was a kid & will be until I die. The good times have far outweighed the bad! They'll come around this season...might not make it to the World Series but then who thought they would last year! There is only one team that has won more WS's & I don't like to talk about them:G:G:G!

THanks for looking!
Ron
Old May 29, 2007, 1:11 AM   #5

LOL! I'm a Los Angeles Kings fan and am reluctantly rooting for their cross-town rivals, the Anaheim Ducks in the Stanley Cup Finals that started today (the Ducks beat the Ottawa Senators tonight!). Can't wait for next year, perhaps the Kings will do better than they did this year.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 8:46 AM   #6

Hi,

Next time you meet a Vietnam vet say THANK YOU to him/her! They will apprciate it. They never got the Thanks they deserved!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 10:38 AM   #7

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Next time you meet a Vietnam vet say THANK YOU to him/her! They will apprciate it. They never got the Thanks they deserved!

Rudy
Very true;sadly most veterans never do get the thanks they deserve and the benefits our government providesto our veterans keeps eroding.

But it's not just the Vietnam veterans that appreciate it, go up to any veteran or active duty service member and just say thank you, and yes every single one of them appreciates it. Weknow you are thankful for our service, but it's always nice to hear it from someone.

I was active duty Air Force for 8 years. During those 8 years only once a complete stranger came up to mein public and told me "thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do for our country." One of the best memories I have from my military service and definitely one I'll never forget.

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote