Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 29, 2007, 2:24 PM   #11

tom, i'd like to know what it was used for..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 4:30 PM   #12

robar wrote:
Quote:
ben,
that is one really weird image.

roy
Yup! And all the while I thought that Alien storks delivered baby aliens in ufo containers.:lol:

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 6:20 PM   #13

Man I could written a whole bookabout testsand biased testers on the internet or in magazines. My job is to sell cameras and I have often used these test as a argument to sell a specific camera.

But then we started to develop digital images in our shop it took a couple of weeks to see how much "balony" these guys could come up with. This was several years ago and I have sold many cameras wich hada poorconclution and they all made great looking prints, and our customers was satisfied.

I know all about how you get biased too. When C or N introduces their new line of cameras I get invited to a fancy restaurant to eat and drink before amultimedia demo and a chance to hold and try the products. Smaller companies can`t afford to do this and well... do the math. Heck if I sell alot of C cameras and lenses I can win products from their line up fromprinters to camcorders.

Too many people are afraid to buy a product they don`t understand and to easethe choice they use the internet. And when you get a scale from one to ten it`s so easy to choose.

Hopefully I`m a better seller now when I try to figure out what my customers need instead of trusting different tests.

Geir

(am I making any sense you think?)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Ayreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:43 AM   #14

robar wrote:
Quote:
tom, i'd like to know what it was used for..

roy
anyone interested , here's a link to the series and a quote from ben.

Hi Roy;

That was for "Style Monte Carlo" Magazine and was called "Alien Intervention"..You can see the whole series here:

http://anashcreation.com/thenashgall...anarek?page=11

Best Wishes
Ben
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:38 PM   #15

I'm not going to defend Phil, but the D40 and the K10 are not in the same class, even if the price says they are. D40 is for the entry level, first time SLR user. K10 is for somebody a bit more advanced, knows what they are doing, etc...

I can understand a different mindset when doing a rating on 2 cameras like that - plus, he did give the K10 a 7.5 in IQ - which for an upscale camera would mean a lower rating. (I leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine if the 7.5 was warrented)

I think he is actually fairly consistent in his ratings - the pieces that make up the rating might be a bit (sarcasm here) skewed

Phil is never going to make all the users happy. It will be interesting to see what happens now with Amazon backing which way his reviews go....
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 1:01 AM   #16

ccallana wrote:
Quote:
I'm not going to defend Phil, but the D40 and the K10 are not in the same class, even if the price says they are. D40 is for the entry level, first time SLR user. K10 is for somebody a bit more advanced, knows what they are doing, etc...
Yeah an that is fortunate for Both C & N that JUST because of (over) price and how reviews tend by that criteria get divided... K10D not classed with the Canon aged 30D or Nikon D200 the K10D is REALLY in ther class of.

So the K10D just because of price gets lumped in with the MUCH less capable Canon XTi and Nikon D40 it much out classes.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:37 PM   #17

Hayward,

You are time and again continually bashing the other camera makes and calling it like you see it.

I don't agree with you on much of anything that you post and this has nothing to offer in the way of technical aspects as you have stated in an earlier post.

You love your K10D. Fine. Quit bashing.

Edit:

I'd like to see where you found a head to head comparison of the Nikon D40 to the Pentax K10D. The D40 is a 6MP camera. The Pentax K10D is as you know is a 10MP camera.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 5:57 PM   #18

My original post was about the disparity between recommendations by the other forum rather than a direct comparision of the cameras against each other.

The cameras were the pentax K10D review and the Nikon D40x not the D40.

They compared the D40x against the Canon EOS 400D and Olympus E-410 and therefore well within the league of the K10D for a direct comparison.

I just found it enlightening to see such a visible difference in the conclusion, especially when you consider in the K10D's review the K10D was compared to the SonyDSLR-A100, Nikon D80, Canon EOS 30D, and Nikon D200. :-?
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:04 PM   #19

Ooops!! double post

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:12 PM   #20

don't you find lately that IT TAKES FOREVER TO POST A REPLY now??? and then it doesn't even tell you that it's done.

ah.... what's IT????:blah: