Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:04 PM   #21

Yes, I was wondering if it was just me. I always end in an error screen now but have learned that the post does go through and trying again will result in a double post. Time to go to another error screen . . .

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:02 AM   #22

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to see where you found a head to head comparison of the Nikon D40 to the Pentax K10D. The D40 is a 6MP camera. The Pentax K10D is as you know is a 10MP camera.
I wasn't bashing, just saying a fortunate thing for C&N that cameras tend to get put into price groups. So many tend not to consider the K10D along with the much more expensive 30D and D300 it is very much on par with.

Beside the more masive ad budgets, people often think just be cause its several hundreds less expensive it can't be as good, so don't really consider it, when looking for something more than a Rebel or D40. But because the K10D tends to get grouped with them price wise, many over look it when looking at 30D or D80 and 200. (and separated by the below and over $1000 rankings many palces/mags tend to group by)
Likely because of the so much cheaper can't be as good mentaility, with P having so much less media exposure.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:19 PM   #23

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I was wondering if it was just me. I always end in an error screen now but have learned that the post does go through and trying again will result in a double post. Time to go to another error screen . . .

Tim
I have found that if you hit the back button when the Explorer loading bar stops creeping and stalls, the bar will rapidly complete. The new screen won't show until you refresh, and it will appear. It would be a good idea to block and copy your text to the clipboardin case you quit the screen prematurely, so you don't have to type it all over again. I first thought it was my computer or my ISP, but judging by the number of repeat posts and complaints, I guess the forum still has problems. Routine maintenance usually is announced in advance, so I wonder if it got hacked?:?
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote