Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 28, 2007, 10:33 PM   #1

I have a Pentax DL. I shot in JPEG high quality mode the other day. I notice 2 spots that look like plus signs when you zoom in on my images. Like there are missing pixels or something. This is on all my shots that day.

This is the first time I have noticed this and wonder what is wrong. I shot a few weeks back in RAW and they were not there.

Here is a 200% magnification to show you what they look like. It is low quality because I sized them for the web but in good quality they are visible at 100% magnification. At 200% they are a plus sign.

Attached Images

corvairfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2007, 10:49 PM   #2

from this size it's impossible to see anything....
give us a 100% crop and we can probably help. do a of crop of 800 dpifrom your full size image and i'm sure someone can help. we have to see the problem..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 12:14 AM   #3

I edited the above image a bit and have a new one. Did this edit help? If I save it from here I can zoom in at 200% and closer and see the plus sign so I assume someone else can too.

This latest one has a green and a purple plus sign.

I tried quickly shooting some shots today against a white wall and a wooden door and zooming in and I don't see the plus signs. This was with a flash today though.

No time to do more investigating on my end...midnight. But I figured I'd try and get a better shot out here to get some ideas on what it might be.
Attached Images

corvairfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 12:44 AM   #4

Looks like hot pixels. I've got a couple on my K100D, but they only show up when I use really high ISO settings (or brighten up a very underexposed image). You don't see them on RAW images because your RAW converter detects and repairs them.

Personally I don't worry about them too much since I mostly shoot RAW and if I take a JPG I really like it's easy to repair. I do wish the camera could be made to fix them with on-board processing though (I think some cameras have a feature for this).
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote