Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:28 AM   #11

I know it will work but for shooting weddings it won't work. Many shots will be done in portrait mode. Using abetterbouncecard will handle both landscape and portrait modes of shooting and my cost was less than $3.00.

Whatever works for anyone is what's best.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:36 PM   #12

So long as you have ceiling to bounce from.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:25 PM   #13

this was shot in portrait mode with my card and then cropped. it works either way and if you need full direct flash it folds up out of the way.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:17 PM   #14

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
So long as you have ceiling to bounce from.

Darren
I don't believe or experience that to be all entirely true. Flash has been around a very long time and many shots of all kinds were taken without having a ceiling to bounce from. There are places where weddings take place and the ceilings are way too high to be of any help in that regard.

It is about redirecting it and how much. With a flexible foam sheet and that fact with a rotating head flash it is quick and easy to fold down the foam sheet and turn the camera and flash head in two seconds and you can go back and forth from portrait to landscape quickly and easily. Use a talller one more light goes forward toward the subject.

Robar your results are awesome. I would have snapped up your offer in a second but found using abetterbouncecard to be what suits my style and the speed of use without having to change the diffuser orientation or attach it with velcro.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote