Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:38 PM   #11

Absolutely no, $100 would definately be a here's disc do what you want with them job, and and likely someone I knew. somewhat. Assuming I'd deal with weddings at all which I don't. (Again maybe for a friend)

Of course if the shoot includes the reception... likely you get a decent meal and a few drinks out of it too

And like I said, I know several wedding photogs in KW are starting to give the option for just supplying a disc, and cutting out all the hassle,stress, bickering, and time with finished print albums, and still make a few hundred a pop for a couple of hours work.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 6:04 PM   #12

I live in Sacramento, CA and I am having a wedding in San Jose, CA. I went to Oakland for my photographer and he is charging me $1,300 for the service from 2:30pm-10pm. This include a basic 4x6 photo album of 500 prints, One big print(i forgot what size) framed, and the digital negative on a dvd. This does not include that nice wedding photo album though. I saw there photo album and it looks pretty bad and they charge a lot for the album itself.

Other place that I looked at, was from $1,000 to $3,000 for the day and all of them include the same thing that I just listed except the studio shoot. Some of the photographer that I meet has some really nice picture and you can tell that they have years of experiance and know what they are doing. These are the one that want $2,000 for the day and the cost of anything else. I've also talked to some that is willing to do it for $500 but they didn't look like they had much experiance and did not have much background.

So the cost is about $1,000 to $3,000 over here depending on your experiance at lease the photographers that I looked at.

I hope that helps.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:51 PM   #13

And again the BS and time of producucing that at CONSIDERABLE time and cost vs just for $500... heres the disc do what ever you want to with it

Many not film purist wed photgs HERE are starting to do now in the last year or so.... again VIRTALLY no cost just time (and no aggrevations, bickering, BS).... pretty sweet deal

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote