Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:49 PM   #11

No. 3 is my favourite.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:20 AM   #12

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Is this an M42 or K mount 200mm?..... there is a M42 on Ebay I have been thinking about bidding on.
It is an M42 Super Takumar lens. Great lens if you get one without oil on the aperture blades. This one had oil on the blades as stated by the seller on Ebay. I used rubbing alcohol to remove the oil but there is still some there and the blades still hang up more than I would like. A good one with the old caps can get expensive if it is in like new condition but they are sharp as tack lens and will allow a lot of crop before losing the sharpness.
Dawg
Hey Dawg !!

What ever madeyou decide to take apart a lens to repair/ clean it??

I am pretty handy with tools & have a pretty well equiped shop..How hard is it to do what you described above??

How much risk is there in what you have done??

Do you have some kind of specific or generic manual that you use to guide you??

I'm kinda interested in trying to learn what you've done for preventative reasons, if for no other reason..

Any info will be appreciated!!

Bruce
I got the lens cheap knowing it would need some repair. I thought if I learned how to take them apart and repair them it would open possibilities as far as being able to buy some classic lenses for little or nothing on Ebay. Most times when someone says the aperture blades are stuck or have oil on them they sell for next to nothing. I found this article on how to repair a 135mm Super Takumar and dug out my precision screwdrivers and some clean scrap T-shirt material. Worked pretty good once I got the first lens section to let go.
Here is the URL for that article.

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/pentaxtakumar.html

And here is a place to buy Lens Repair tools. I don't highly recomend someone trying this as it will devalue your lens by doing this. Even if you do it perfectly , if someone finds out you've done it then the price of the lens goes to nothing. I do it to my old lens and do not plan on selling them afterward. Any way here is the place to buy lens repair tools.

http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/e_lens.htm

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:26 AM   #13

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
No. 3 is my favourite.
Thank you Rodney!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote