Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:24 PM   #1

I will be gone from this coming weekend til the monday following the next weekend. My whole family will be gathering just south of Cape Hatteras on Topsail Island North Carolina for a full week's vacation. Of course this puts me in a position to take lots and lots of photos. I've let my youngest Daughter's husband keep and use my DX6490 and all it's attachments, so I'll only have the K10D as my camera. What do I need to take? Here are my lenses with the exception of about 4 more I've just added to it. I have a 28mm Tamron, a 70-210 Vivitar Series one, a vivitar 300mm prime lens and a Super Takumar 135mm lens to add to these. Also I have Cokin filter holders for every one of them.

http://easysharers.11.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3330
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:12 AM   #2

I think the link is wrong? It asks me to log in.

As far as lenses, I'd take something that is wide angle (I usually take my kit lens, as I like it), then I'd probably take the Viv Series 1 70-210 or something similar along with the 300. How automatic is the Viv for you? I think for a family vacation at the beach, automatic is better than having to consider all the things you might have to think about with the Super Tak or other manual lenses. If you have a 50mm 1.something lens, I'd probably throw that in, too. They are so light, small, and great in low light (evening get-togethers).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:06 AM   #3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I think the link is wrong? It asks me to log in.

As far as lenses, I'd take something that is wide angle (I usually take my kit lens, as I like it), then I'd probably take the Viv Series 1 70-210 or something similar along with the 300. How automatic is the Viv for you? I think for a family vacation at the beach, automatic is better than having to consider all the things you might have to think about with the Super Tak or other manual lenses. If you have a 50mm 1.something lens, I'd probably throw that in, too. They are so light, small, and great in low light (evening get-togethers).
Thank you Mtngal. I'm driving my Dodge diesel pickup and am staying in a house on the beach and almost all my time will be shooting photos...I expect to have enough when I get back to post 200 per day for 6 months...LOL Anyway size and weight is no problem with the truck as transport. I have 3 aluminum cases for the lens and the wife keeps telling me to just take all of them...I may do as she wishes and find which ones I keep and which ones I sell on Ebay. The series 1 vivitar or the 80-200 vivitar are great walk-about lens with the kit lens as a backup&macro lens. The Cokin filters are mainly a polorizing filter and two grad grays with a grad tobacco. Since they are drop ins it is not a bother using them or swapping them from lens to lens. Real quick and real easy. As far as thinking about a shot...I can almost do it automatically with little thought put into it. That is the main reason for the nearly 8 thousand photos so far...Practise practise practise... and finding just where each lens likes to be used. Again thanks for the input and advice.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote