Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:48 PM   #11

Double post
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:52 PM   #12

Hey Everybody-

Is there an older book or books that you would reccomend that explains & gives the formulas that I see you quoting as regards focal length / extension tube length / magnification / etc.??

I don't always bookmark the posts that have that kind of information in them.

I'd really like to have some kind of hard copy to refer to & learn from.

Also, any reccomendations on older books that pertained to bellows / macro photography??

Thanks, Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 4:57 PM   #13

darren,
it's got my mark ll (hehe, thanks, tim) flash difusser on it and i get plaenty of coverage.

this is a recent shot using that setup. i like shooting with the grip more but am too lazy sometimes to set it up.

just today i found some translucent plastic sheeting. there may be a mark lll on the way.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 5:07 PM   #14

Thanks Roy.

Tried something similar after reading your posts, and the better bounce card post.

Seems to give good covereage.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:54 PM   #15

I altered an old (poor quality) manual 2X tele converter back from the 70's K Mart branded Focal. Just removed the glass lens, came out easy. Still has the stop down lever working, Works well on my Kr. It was so poor I never used it as a tele converter now I get some use out of it

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:39 PM   #16

That's what I use for an extension tube also - mine was a Pentax K series 2X TC that was otherwise unusable. Mine also has a functioning lever for stopping down the aperture, but it has no contacts so I only use it with lenses having an aperture ring - FA and earlier.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
I altered an old (poor quality) manual 2X tele converter back from the 70's K Mart branded Focal. Just removed the glass lens, came out easy. Still has the stop down lever working, Works well on my Kr. It was so poor I never used it as a tele converter now I get some use out of it

Hans
I have done the same thing, both with a Albinar 2x and an ugly Tamron 2x Adaptall (easiest operation ever, just unscrew the glass elements). Works ok but i have noticed you need to make sure there is nothing shiny on the inside or the contrast will be lost. I have used both alone and stacked with my various Tamron SP lenses with excellent results.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltochef920 View Post
Hey Everybody-

Is there an older book or books that you would reccomend that explains & gives the formulas that I see you quoting as regards focal length / extension tube length / magnification / etc.??

I don't always bookmark the posts that have that kind of information in them.

I'd really like to have some kind of hard copy to refer to & learn from.

Also, any reccomendations on older books that pertained to bellows / macro photography??

Thanks, Bruce
There are many excellent books on the subject. i have quite a few older ones that i got thru ABE books. Most are from the film days but basic info is the same, just now we don't have to do as much work

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote