Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 14, 2007, 5:14 PM   #1
TDN

A few weeks back someone asked a question about "which lenses will fit my Pentax DSLR?" for like the zillionth time

Not that I mind people asking this question, I was sure glad I got help when I started out last year, but I did notice that there isn't any site to refer to when someone asks a question like that.
You just have to type all the different types again.

Google only points to forums aswell, when searching for "Old lenses on Pentax Digital"

I replied to the last thread about this: "Someone should make a webpage about that", and now, here it is

[align=center] http://pentaxdigital.tdn9.be
[/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
I'd like to point out that this site is in no way linked to or sponsored by the Pentax corporation, and is used for informative purposes only.

Hopefully it can be useful to new users, as well as to more advanced.

Right now the content is limited, but I'd like to add mre stuff to it periodically. If you have anything to share, please, pm me, I'd love some help with this

Allright, hopefully this site will be used...

Tom

P.S.: the subdomain is new, so it might be a little unstable at first, since DNS servers need to be updated. At the time of posting it's working for me.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2007, 5:29 PM   #2

Hi Tom,

Nice! It looks like it'll be one of those "must see" sites for Pentax DSLR newbies and will evolve into a valuable info site for all Pentaxians.

Thanks for making it more spedific for DSLR users. I think that it'll be a much referred to resource.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 7:35 PM   #3

Greetings Tom

Good work on the page..

Should provide a lot or relief on forums so that long posts are not necessary to explain things for the new Pentaxian.

I wonder if we should have a beginners information page at the beginning of the Pentax / Samsung dSLR forum right below the K100D & K10D reviews??..

Explaining all the things that people need to know when they are just getting started with a dSLR..With links to other pages / forums as needed??..

I wonder how Steve would feel about that??..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:27 PM   #4

Not so stable now..........

oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:28 PM   #5

Opps... double post, where's the delete button???
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:11 AM   #6

There should be some kind of special Nobel Prize for people like you, Tom. I'm sure there is a special VIP room in heaven, though.

Not that I mind people asking questions in this forum, but for the future the answers on this subject can be shortened.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:07 AM   #7
TDN

Thanks guys, feels good to know people like this idea

Tom

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
Not so stable now..........

Yes, probably the DNS servers again, it happens the first days of a new domain. Give it about an hour when something like this happens and it should be back up.
It's also possible that for 1 person it shows up and for another it doesnt. This is because each internet provider uses its own DNS servers...it's up for me now though...
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 12:42 PM   #8

It sounds good, but I've tried a couple of times since this morning and I can't access it.
Do you have the IP address of the site?

nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:46 PM   #9

Referring to an earlier "discussion" :angry::-)I can tell, from first hand experience, that I just discovered a thing about P/K-A R-P/K. My rainbow bucket Tokina 28 mm f 2.8 is marked just like that: P/K-A R-P/K.

It fits fine on the Pentax SFXn analog camera body. But it doesn't fit on my DS!

The difference should be obvious from the picture I just took in my professional studio (kitchen table) with my professional portrait studio equipment (Pentax Optio).

Pentax FA 50 mm to the left, Tokina to the right.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:57 PM   #10

Kjell,

On your Tokina it looks like a Vivitar 28mm I have. Again it is labeled P/K mount but does not fit on my istDL or my K10D.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...t=vivitar+28mm

On my lens there were three screws that keeps the black fin attached to the mount/lens. A little screwdriver and I removed the black fin that goes half way around the lens and it mounts perfectly on my cameras.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote