Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 16, 2007, 5:54 AM   #1

I just phoned a guy about a 30 min old ad on the web and bought, for a total of 320 USD (incl shipping, he promised to put it in the mail today!):

Body Pentax SFX-N (SF1-n)

SMC PENTAX-F ZOOM 1:4-5.6 70-210 mm

SMC PENTAX-F 1:1.7 50mm

SMC PENTAX-A ZOOM 1:3.5-4.5 35-70 mm

Tokina 28mm 1:2.8.

SMC PENTAX-FA 1:2.8 28mm

AF Converter F 1.7X

Release cord

Polarizer

Bag(Hama),

Tripod (Velbon Victory 450)

It's like finding that bucket full of gold at the end of the rainbow! Now I need everybodys help with keeping their fingers crossed, so it doesn't prove to be like that bucket – an illusion!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:03 AM   #2

that wouldnt be the same autofocus 1.7 converter that went goe a large sum on ebay the other day??

good luck with the stuff
there should be hours of fun there

i got a second hand SMC PENTAX-A ZOOM 1:3.5-4.5 35-70 mm the other day
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:17 AM   #3

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
that wouldnt be the same autofocus 1.7 converter that went goe a large sum on ebay the other day??

Yes it would...

What do you think of the little zoom? I have a A 35-70 f4, but it's very worn out, the focus is rattely and unreliable. In it's younger days (and mine) it was the only lens I used.

Kjell

Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:31 AM   #4
TDN

Quote:
SMC PENTAX-F 1:1.7 50mm
SMC PENTAX-FA 1:2.8 28mm
AF Converter F 1.7X
These 3 alone are worth the price, good job kjell!

Tom

P.S.: if it's coming from the US, you might want to inform about what the import duties might be and have them ready in your house. I had to wait an extra day for a lens from Canada once because I didn't have the correct amount of money laying around.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 9:26 AM   #5

The TC alone is worth the price. I ordered one new from Scandinavian Photo yesterday. Theyrecently rised the price to 285 USD/210 EUR. It was on back order, so hopefully I can cancel that order Monday morning. Otherwise I might sell the used one for 700 USD on ebay.:lol:This is the item I really want, most of the rest will probably go on ebay to raise funds for a FA 35mm f2, or a K10D. (Or a Limited 31 mm, dream dream) Think I'll keep the 70-210, already got one but it might be good to have a sparecopy when I get mugged in Bogotá. And of course I'm curious about what the FA28mm f2.8 can do in low light and when compared to my 16-45.

Anyone knows anything aboutthe Tokina28 mm f2.8?

It's an internal Swedish affair, the seller just phoned me to give me the mail id number. Lets just hope now I haven't been ripped off and get a box full of stones and old newspapers.

Kjell

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:18 PM   #6

Good Luck
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:36 AM   #7

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
The TC alone is worth the price. I ordered one new from Scandinavian Photo yesterday. Theyrecently rised the price to 285 USD/210 EUR. It was on back order, so hopefully I can cancel that order Monday morning. Otherwise I might sell the used one for 700 USD on ebay.:lol:This is the item I really want, most of the rest will probably go on ebay to raise funds for a FA 35mm f2, or a K10D. (Or a Limited 31 mm, dream dream) Think I'll keep the 70-210, already got one but it might be good to have a sparecopy when I get mugged in Bogotá. And of course I'm curious about what the FA35mm f2.8 can do in low light and when compared to my 16-45.

Anyone knows anything aboutthe Tokina28 mm f2.8?

It's an internal Swedish affair, the seller just phoned me to give me the mail id number. Lets just hope now I haven't been ripped off and get a box full of stones and old newspapers.

Kjell

Hi Kjell,

I don't think there's a dog in the bunch. If the Tokina is the MF model, the old Photodo gave it an avg MTF 3.4, which would be acceptable for me.

This definitely sounds like an outstanding deal! My fingers are crossed for ya!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 8:46 AM   #8

congrats kjell. sometimes these come along. hope all of it is in good shap.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 9:26 AM   #9

If it is in good shape and everything is OK I'll start believing in Santa Claus again. BTW I miscalculated the price. 2250 SEK should be 320 USD/240 EUR, not 350 USD as i wrote earlier. The correction doesn't worsen the deal...
Old Jun 17, 2007, 8:33 PM   #10

What a haul! I envy you two F70-210 lenses - mine was the best lens I owned before buying the A*300. Too bad it died before I got the DS - I still miss it. And the AF TC - wow!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote