Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:20 PM   #1

Just pressed 'order' at B&H for my k100d, 18-55 kit lens, and j75-300. All that, shipped, for under $725 before tossing in the rebate. Now to begin wringing my hands waiting for the arrival

Many thanks to Daniel and others here who's posts, pics, and ramblings lead to the decision to move to Pentax after having ended my first photography career with Nikon on the film side. That and fond memories of a beat up k1000 and a torn up but clear 50mm back in the 80's. I'm excited to test the kit lens and not expecting much more than what I'm paying from the J :-)

I apologise ahead of time for the tidal wave of probably terrible photos I'll be slapping up at these forums in the weeks to come :|
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:39 PM   #2

congrats dude(?, update your profile). you've made a great decision.. you're prob now is weaving your way thru all the lenses available to you.. we want to see the 1st pic from each lens..

roy
oh, don't listen to the model bashing exhibited hereif you see it. 6megs is fine. altho i do have the hots for the k10.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:44 PM   #3

Don't worry about posting questions and pictures - that's the way to grow as a photographer. I can't tell you how much I've learned from everyone here, from my first question (how do you get manual lenses to work) to today (not sure this worked right, what do you think?). It's been such a wonderful journey. By the way, after waiting for what seemed like forever to get my first camera from B&H, I learned to always pay for express shipping. Once I push the place order button, it's like a switch in my head is turned on and I want my new "toy" NOW! I finally gave up with the K10 and bought it from a local camera store.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:28 PM   #4

Hi CyberCoyote

Welcome To the board. Best of luck with your new toy. And please Do Not apoligize we are all still Learning and every one here is always Willing To Help.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:46 PM   #5

Congratulations, I'm sure you will love your K100D as much as I love mine.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 12:08 AM   #6

Welcome, hope to see some shots when it arrives

Old Jun 19, 2007, 12:34 AM   #7

welcome !!! i love my k100d sure you will too!!!
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:26 AM   #8

robar wrote:
Quote:
congrats dude(?, update your profile). you've made a great decision.. you're prob now is weaving your way thru all the lenses available to you.. we want to see the 1st pic from each lens..

roy
oh, don't listen to the model bashing exhibited hereif you see it. 6megs is fine. altho i do have the hots for the k10.
D'oh, I'll update it. Name's really Joe, and I have the hots for the k10D too but unfortunately it's a bit beyond my means at the moment (although it's almost ridiculous how little it costs compared to other brands' offerings at it's level) After migrating up and down the east coast of the US I've settled where I started, in Connecticut.

A decade ago or so I was a velvia addict but I have to admit that I'd not enlarge those slides much more than prints I've seen from 6megs from advanced labs that know what they're doing, so aside from the cropping abilities I'll live with the K100D's 'limitations' for now:-) I gave up the film gear when my son was born almost six years ago and picked up an Olympus C2100. 2 megs but I'll tell you I've some full daylight pics from that itty bitty sensor that look pretty good with a Kodak 8x10. They just needed a little sharpening and 'fring' help.

CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:51 AM   #9

joe,
ricoh 1.3meg

have fun,
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:28 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum!
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote