Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:33 PM   #21

So what do we have to do If we want a Flash that works properly? Wait till Pentax makes a flash that works with the K100 and K10 that will swivel like the Sigma EF500 super.
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:47 PM   #22

That would be the AF540FGZ
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:47 PM   #23

Fl_Gulfer wrote:
Quote:
So what do we have to do If we want a Flash that works properly? Wait till Pentax makes a flash that works with the K100 and K10 that will swivel like the Sigma EF500 super.
i've got the sigma 500 super also.. it's a great flash and i recommend it as a less pricier alternative to the 540. what are the differences?? maybe someone will chime in.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 7:56 PM   #24

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
I hope so, because I'm tired of buying flash units. I just flipped my AF500 onto the shelf, wehre it can rot for all I care. My cheap Sunpak does a better job.
Charlie Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:25 PM   #25

Charlie Self wrote:
Quote:
inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
I hope so, because I'm tired of buying flash units. I just flipped my AF500 onto the shelf, wehre it can rot for all I care. My cheap Sunpak does a better job.
Sometimes, foolish statements...rather than rotting, it got tried again, with a second body, and it works with that one. Something off-kilter in the other body, I guess, but I'll try it again with that, too.
Charlie Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 4:02 PM   #26

Got my AF-500FTZ today and have been playing with it a little... I love it! It wors great on my *istDS so far. Will definately post some shots taken with it.

I highly recommend this for people shooting with the D or DS wanting a Bounce & Swivel flash, but not wanting to fork out the dough for a 540FGZ or 500 Super. I bought mine in BGN condition from KEH for 102.99 (including shipping).
Old Jun 29, 2007, 4:02 PM   #27

Got my AF-500FTZ today and have been playing with it a little... I love it! It wors great on my *istDS so far. Will definately post some shots taken with it.

I highly recommend this for people shooting with the D or DS wanting a Bounce & Swivel flash, but not wanting to fork out the dough for a 540FGZ or 500 Super. I bought mine in BGN condition from KEH for 102.99 (including shipping).
Old Jun 29, 2007, 4:38 PM   #28

the af400ftz also tilts/swivels and works great on the D & DS and it's cheaper than the 500ftz.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote