Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:28 PM   #1

Any time is a great time for Maker's Mark
Attached Images

Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:30 PM   #2

100% Crop, straight raw>>jpeg, no adjustments

This lens is one sharp fellow. Sucks about f/2.8

It's shame to see it go, but who knows, one day I might get enough money to buy EVERY limited lens.
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:59 PM   #3

Question..........why is f2.8 too slow? what do you need the faster 1.9 for?

I have the 77 1.8 limited and LOVE it. Best lens I own. But it's damned difficult to shoot wide open as the DOF is SO shallow. I take a pic of a womans face and if the eyes are in focus, the nose isn't lol. It's terrific for portraits, don't get me wrong. But truthfully I jack it down a stop or two and rarely shoot wide open.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:35 PM   #4

Gazander wrote:
Quote:
100% Crop, straight raw>>jpeg, no adjustments

This lens is one sharp fellow. Sucks about f/2.8

It's shame to see it go, but who knows, one day I might get enough money to buy EVERY limited lens.
This pict and those you posted earlier should convince you to keep it. But well

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 7:40 PM   #5

Hi Daniel,

I think some of your post got cut off.

I have a day to cancel/stop the auction. If I am to keep it, I would need something to take me away from the edge of the cliff.

Could you tell me why you like yours and what about the pictures posted seems good to you? Other than the obvious sharpness of course

really appreciate it
Old Jun 21, 2007, 8:30 PM   #6

Hi,

Other than the speed and sharpness, I think it would be a great lens for street shots, candids and maybe landscapes. The new limiteds are slower then the older versions granted, But you have to find the sweet spots and quirks for each lens that you own and use.

If you want examples look at what Ben does with his 40mm Limited. These are my thoughts you have the final say on if it goes or stays in your bag.

Myself I would want the 77mm limited or an 85mm. But I can't make up my mind on what prime for me would good. so that is why I go with zooms. Now when I look for a new zoom the speed is f4 or faster.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 9:10 PM   #7

Gazander wrote:
Quote:
Hi Daniel,

I think some of your post got cut off.

I have a day to cancel/stop the auction. If I am to keep it, I would need something to take me away from the edge of the cliff.

Could you tell me why you like yours and what about the pictures posted seems good to you? Other than the obvious sharpness of course

really appreciate it

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...761435#p761435

Those shots have shown the strength / feel / calibre of it. Look back again at the one you were holding up the lens. What do you see?
It is just a tool and a very capable and toprated one . Like brush to a painter, majority of the works rest with you - the painter/phtographer.
Ben and you are the only two (in this forum) that I think have the capacity to explore its potential - go back to some of my pict in exploring the Zenitar 16mm .
Lately I have lost interest in acquiring more lens . With my prime line up 16-28-50-100-135-300mm , I am done . I have hardly even started in exploring all of their potential.
Henry still have not had their shipment of DA40mm after 3 months of waiting. They sold one in ebay though and I still have not had mine before my trip in mid May.
At your level, you may not have to bother too much about sharpness and low light performance. You can create your light or find the extra 2 stop of light with your K100D.

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote